Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: pelliculiar  (Read 11900 times)

Offline robcoombs

• NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 703
Re: pelliculiar
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 09:21:32 AM »
I've been holding onto a batch since January. I'm still hoping all the Brett I've added recently is going to drop my SG enough to make it drinkable. And add something different to what was supposed to be an imperial stout.

Offline paulmaybee

• NBCBA
  • Junior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 299
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 09:24:05 AM »
I've been holding onto a batch since January. I'm still hoping all the Brett I've added recently is going to drop my SG enough to make it drinkable. And add something different to what was supposed to be an imperial stout.

That's funny, Rob.  I also have a Stout I added Brett to a while back hoping it would make it better somehow.  It still doesn't taste great, but I'm leaving it for a year to see what happens. 
on tap: IPA
fermenting: Roseway Red, Rye IPA, Tripel, Flanders Red, Sour #1
Cellar: Roseway Red, IPA, Brett IPA, Orval Clone, Brett Red, Rye IPA, Grapefruit PA

Offline robcoombs

• NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 09:26:50 AM »

That's funny, Rob.  I also have a Stout I added Brett to a while back hoping it would make it better somehow.  It still doesn't taste great, but I'm leaving it for a year to see what happens.
I actually like the flavor of my stout. Aside from the fact that it's too sweet, finished at 1.035 so I'm just hoping the Brett will knock that down enough to salvage it.

It's been a couple of months so I'm going to check the SG this weekend to see if it's working yet.

Offline paulmaybee

• NBCBA
  • Junior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 299
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 09:32:32 AM »

I actually like the flavor of my stout. Aside from the fact that it's too sweet, finished at 1.035 so I'm just hoping the Brett will knock that down enough to salvage it.

It's been a couple of months so I'm going to check the SG this weekend to see if it's working yet.

Mine's already at 1.002, so I don't know if much more will happen other than developing more Brett character as time goes on.  Either way, a worthy experiment!
on tap: IPA
fermenting: Roseway Red, Rye IPA, Tripel, Flanders Red, Sour #1
Cellar: Roseway Red, IPA, Brett IPA, Orval Clone, Brett Red, Rye IPA, Grapefruit PA

Offline robcoombs

• NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 10:10:11 AM »

Mine's already at 1.002, so I don't know if much more will happen other than developing more Brett character as time goes on.  Either way, a worthy experiment!
Always, especially with Brett!