Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Portland, Oregon: Must-visit brewpubs and must drink beers  (Read 5571 times)

Offline DanJ

• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Portland, Oregon: Must-visit brewpubs and must drink beers
« on: November 12, 2017, 03:22:37 PM »
Going to be in Portland, Oregon for the Holidays and I just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who has ever visited the area.  There are some brewpubs that I can't miss, like Base Camp, 10 Barrel, Rogue etc, but was curious if anyone else is a little more acquainted with the Oregon beer scene could make some suggestions.  Will be consuming some Russian River from the bottle shops when I'm there, but am more interested in the Oregon beers.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:31:26 PM by DanJ »

Offline feldmann

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 230
Re: Portland, Oregon must visit brewpubs and must drink beers
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »
Even if you aren't a sour beer fan, Cascade was the high light of the trip for me and my wife, who doesn't even drink beer.

Offline robcoombs

• NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 703
Re: Portland, Oregon: Must-visit brewpubs and must drink beers
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 07:52:10 PM »
Look for Modern Times and The Rare Barrel.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Offline DanJ

• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:43:51 AM »
Modern Times doesn't open until January 1, 2018, and I suspect that The Commons Brewery (the current tenant) will be shut down in the days leading up to MT's takeover.  I'm guessing that you are talking about the bottle shops though.

I have come to love a lot of sours and hate others, but there isn't a beer in the world that I won't try and I have found that a good sour is very very good.  Thanks for the suggestion and I'll definitely keep an eye out for Cascade.

Offline robcoombs

• NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 703
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 09:18:56 PM »
The new facility for Modern Times is opening then but the original has been open for a while. Look for their cans. They should be widely available.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk