Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Hampshire  (Read 4098 times)

Offline Draveur77

• NBCBA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
New Hampshire
« on: November 06, 2014, 06:31:26 PM »
Don't know what I liked more the Fleetwood Mac concert or buying this at Craft Beer Cellar!

Offline Waterlogged

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Reid
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:05:30 PM »
 I am jealous on both counts.
Fermenting: Air
On Tap: Hoppy Porter
Bottled:  Air

Offline jdueck

• NBCBA
  • Junior Poster
  • Experimental brewing, crafted in small batches.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 10:18:13 PM »
Nice selection, Rogue, Stone, even a Dave's Pale Ale
Primary #1 - Empty
Primary #2 - Empty
Primary #3 - Empty
Primary #4 - Empty

Secondary #1- Wheat  (Tangerine and coriander)
Secondary #2 - Dry cider
Secondary #3 - Cream ale fermented with M27
Secondary #4 - Cream ale fermented with M07
Secondary #5 - Merlot

Offline ECH

• Junior Poster
    • Elm City Hobbies
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 02:29:30 AM »
Love Craft Beer Cellar. Which one did you go to?

Heading to the US tomorrow (Sat.) unfortunately only to Bangor, so no Craft Beer Cellar for me, but I am sure I can find a fair amount at Hogan Road Deli and Bangor Wine & Cheese/Newport Crossroads Beverage.

Offline Draveur77

• NBCBA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 10:21:03 PM »
Portsmouth off of I-95. Thanks for the info for Bangor, will be useful next time I go down.

Offline ECH

• Junior Poster
    • Elm City Hobbies
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 06:24:06 PM »
Just came back from a weekend in Bangor, wife cleaned up on the slots while I probably lost about what she won, so no further ahead.

I went to both Hogan Road Deli, (for those that don't know it, it is a Citgo gas station, just over the I95 overpass at the Bangor Mall), and the Crossroads Beverages in Newport (about 30mins farther down I95)

Both have decent selections. Hogan Road is more probably big bottle (16oz and up), lots of Clown Shoes, Shipyard, Stone, etc, etc. Excellent Belgian section, probably a 12ft long, and 6ft high shelving of nothing but Belgian offerings, managed to grab a couple cans from Marshall Wharf, and a bottle from SoMe Brewing (Southern Maine Brewing). While they do have 6packs of many good brews, the Crossroads Beverages probably has a bit better selection in 6pack, good selection of Lagunitas (some I hadn't seen other places), as well as a few surprise large bottle selections such as Widmer Brothers, and Left Coast.

Allagash is cheaper at Hogan Road (Curieux is $18.99 at Crossroads while only $16.99 at Hogan Road).

Managed to get my hands on some Spencer Abby Ale. Didn't realize they had distribution this far north, and since I drove by the Abby in the summer, and didn't realize that IT was the Abby in the US that was making beer until I got back home from vacation, I have been kicking myself every since, so looking forward to trying it.

Either way, both locations have a decent selection. If you are in the Bangor area, and you have the time, my suggestion would be to check out both, as they each have beers that the other doesn't carry. Bangor Wine & Cheese are owned by the same company that owns Crossroads Beverage in Newport, but the Crossroads location seems to have the better selection between the two. They also sell different kinds of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar, if those are your thing as well, and a fairly good wine selection also.