• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Cheers from Fredericton!

Started by mr_chase, May 26, 2019, 03:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_chase

Greetings! 

I found this brewer's association on Facebook.  I've been brewing with all-grain and partial extract beer kits for two years.  I am looking to upgrade my brewing capacities to 5-6 gal. all-grain vessels, and would love to get involved with Fredericton-area brewing clubs.

Please let me know if there are any brewing clubs in Fredericton.  I will also keep an eye out for good used brewing and fermenting vessels.

Thanks,
Allen

shazapple

Welcome! Theres a good chunk of us here in Fredericton. We have meetings every once and a while. Hope to see you out at one!
Lee

Two Wheeler

Welcome Allen!

Here's some gear for sale, although it might be mostly gone by now: http://nbcba.org/forum/classifieds/brew-equipment-for-sale-everything-must-go/

I use the BIAB (brew in a bag) method for all grain. You need a bigger pot (15 gal is ideal), but you don't need a mash tun. It also saves a lot of time sparging. I started using BIAB as a way to try out all grain without getting all of the equipment, but it's still working for me 4 years later.
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

blisster

Welcome to the forum, you found the right spot!

I hope you can make it to a meet soon.  I believe a few of us might meet up at Trailway to celebrate their 3rd year on the June 1st weekend.

:cheers:
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

Roger

Welcome!
Most of us are in Fredericton and are always eager to help. Lots of experienced home brewers in the club too so don't hesitate to ask questions.
It's always a good idea to use a pot that can hold more volume than you need for boil overs and such.

mikegraham

Welcome most if us are in the Fredericton area

jamie_savoie