• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Does anyone have a (sanke) beerpump?

Started by pliny, May 27, 2011, 10:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pliny

Does anyone have a regular keg pump? The same ones that Picaroons has?
I know Picaroon's has some but they said they were out of them. I'll check with Blue Ridge.

Please let me know and we could work something out.

Thanks

JohnQ

What's the goal?
I have some sankey parts, but not a pump.  Unless you're toasting a whole keg in a very short timeframe, my understanding is that pumps are a bad plan.
JW
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

pliny

Thanks for the response.
Oh I completely agree about the performance and quality.
It's just that some friends ordered a Picaroons keg and now Pics just told them they're out of pumps.

Kyle

How soon do they need it? You'll pay a premium locally, but online there are some good deals from Micromatic and others, like this:

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-bee ... 7485E.html

Needs a gas system, but I assume as a homebrewer you have one lying around. If not, then they should have a pump option as well. As John mentioned, if the keg is not going to be drained in a few hours, a pump is not a desirable option as it will oxidize the beer.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Jmac00

why not borrow a coupler and use that? you could rig it up with a picnic tap on the 'out' end, and some form of pump or gas on the in....same concept of the pump. So either use a bicyle hand pump, or CO2 which is best.....

there's a couple of actual pumps for sale in the halifax area on kijiji....if you know anyone down that way..bus would be quickest for shipping if you needed it for the weekend.