• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

CO2 Tanks and Fills

Started by brynn, June 03, 2014, 01:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Looking to get my kegerator goin but I need a CO2 tank (Among Other things). Anyone have one to sell (5 or 10lb) or know somewhere that sells them for a fair price?

Where do people get their CO2 filled?

Whats the going rate?

Thanks

Brynn
Brynn
Two Saints Brewing
Planning: Chocolate Maple Smoked Porter
Primary: India Black Ale, Cider, More Cider
Bottle conditioning: 11.3% Winter Warmer
Drinking: SMaSH Express Pale Ale, Sandrino's Best Bitter Colabo w/Hop tea @ Kegging

Two Wheeler

I paid $26 or so at Atlantic Fire and Safety for a 5lb fill
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

pliny

I paid $21 for a 5lb fill.  Kennedy, he's near the airport. At one point he was selling a co2 tank. He just might have some kicking around.

Noble Grape has a different pricing schema. The tank is more expensive but the fills are cheaper.

Do you have a big fridge? Would a 10 or 20lb fit?

Fhilo

I use glen Kennedy too. He comes to my work and fills, checks for leaks and drops it back off. I also keep mine outside the fridge.  Gives more room and easier to see the gauge

brynn

@pliny, no fridge yet... I just picked up some kegs and taps from @Chris Craig and am trying to put the rest together over the next couple of months.
Brynn
Two Saints Brewing
Drinking: SMaSH Express Pale Ale, Sandrino's Best Bitter Colabo w/Hop tea @ Kegging

feldmann

I used Glenn on the weekend for the first time. $63 for a 20lbs fill.

brynn

anyone have contact info or an address for Glen Kennedy
Brynn
Two Saints Brewing

feldmann

(506) 458-9750

Leaving from Oromocto going towards the airport on that road (lincoln road?) towards freddy, hes the second house on the left after nevers road.

Al-Loves-Wine

Just an FYI he doesn't have any sign up that I remember, but he is right across the road from the Lions Club, small shop in his yard that he works out of. He is in the book though.

pliny

Quote from: brynn on June 03, 2014, 02:22:22 PM
@pliny, no fridge yet... I just picked up some kegs and taps from @Chris Craig and am trying to put the rest together over the next couple of months.

Hey @brynn, if you need any advice on anything, let us know.
I have some extra clear tubing and some gas tubing I could sell you. I don't have any extra connectors or clamps or anything though. So you may want to simply order the whole thing through Everwood or OBK.
I probably need a couple of keg connectors and I may want to use Oetiker clamps instead of the hose clamps. Hey @brew , the club owns one of those Oetiker clamp tools correct?

brew

Hey pliny actually no we don't have one of those tools, but you can use end cut pliers as well, they are way cheaper (I got a pair at the dollar store a long time ago).

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-end-cutting-pliers-0584584p.html#.U49zqHJdW0o
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

mikegraham

went to Glen Kennedy's tonight he saved me i had a co2 leak and emptied my tank and my second tank was empty too just my luck.. 24 bucks for a 5 lb fill with him

robcoombs

Did it take him long to fill the tank @mikegraham ? The last two times I've been there its taken an hour! For now I'll be going elsewhere.

mikegraham

About 45 min but for being after 430 and the only place I was happy

pliny

I like Kennedy. Yes, he's a bit quirky and I've waited on him a bit but he's a good guy.
Other than him and Atlantic Fire and Safety, are there other folks who do fills?
I mean when you bring your own tank and they do it on the spot.

I know NG does swaps and the other big places that do gas with an annual contract (Praxair, Air Liquide,etc).