• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Lite Summer Ale

Started by Kyle, May 13, 2011, 08:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

nice of you guys to offer to JQ, but this thread was started a long time ago.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

brew

Quote from: "ChrisCraig"We should have some US-05 by Wednesday HH. I believe there is some coming with the grain order.

Yup - a whole box (4 trays) = 158 sachets of US-05 should be here next Wednesday...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

HappyHax0r

Ok, cool

I'm going to take stock of what yeasts I have and buy whatever I need to have 5x of S04, and 5x of S05.
Primary: #1, 2, 3, 4 (Air, Air, Air, Air)
Kegs     #1, 2, 3, 4 (C02, C02, C02, C02)

Kyle

On the current incarnation of this, I yielded about 9.5 gal when I racked it from the fermenter into two corny kegs, the OG was 1042 and the FG was 1006 (mash temp was 149). So this is 4.7% abv, and good at 5 days from brew day. I did not even use a spunding valve.
Charter Member

Kyle

'tis delicious and nearly carbed at 6 days from brew day, no spunding used. This is my favourite lawnmower beer to date.
Charter Member

Kyle

Even with a 10g batch this goes fast, got about 2 gallons left... will be brewing this again soon. I'm going to try swaping the C60 for CaraMunich II.
Charter Member

Richard

Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

JohnQ

I believe this has to be the most tweaked and played with recipe in the group, absolute widi-dom, perhaps with a few of the versions represented within the wiki, saying and if you're looking to do... then do...

JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

Kyle

I think thats a cool idea, wiking recipe with popular variations.
Charter Member

Richard

Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

chrismccull

I think that I will try this tomorrow.  I have the following types of hops, what would you recommend?

N.Brewer (leaf), Magnum, Cascade, Comet (leaf), Hallertau, Palisade, Simcoe, Willamette, EKG, Fuggles.

Maybe, 1/2 oz of Cascade @ 65 and 1 oz of Fuggles @ 15 and 1oz Fuggles @1?

Kyle

that would work very well, I think!
Charter Member

chrismccull

Thanks.  

I won't be over tomorrow, I think I'll brew this instead.  Let me know the next time you are going to demo your setup and I'll be there.

Chris Craig

I'd axe the crystal, or replace it with carafoam, and use US-05 instead...