• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.
Main Menu

Re: Yeast Library

Started by Kyle, March 07, 2011, 11:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Thomas

A growler is fine, and likely the best thing to use in place of a E-flask since it is large and will let you easily rouse the yeast with a good shake. And yes, please return the slants at the next meeting or whenever is convenient. They are reusable indefinitely and we only have a limited supply at the moment. This week I hope to propagate some more yeast and make up some fresh slants. We should also have wyeast 1084 added to the collection soon.

sdixon

I decided to transfer starter to Growler when I stepped it up. Growlers are a great size, but I don't really like it because I can't see what's going on inside. Maybe it's because I'm new at starters and not confident about it, but I like to see the activity and yeast slurry build up. Next time, using clear glass.
"Good people drink good beer"
Hunter S. Thompson

On Tap]

pliny

Hello, are there any updates to the yeast library?
Any new yeasts added recently?
Thanks

Richard

I still have a 3711 French Saison to contribute.
Charter Member

sdixon

I have some Allagash Dubbel to constribute.
"Good people drink good beer"
Hunter S. Thompson

On Tap]

Kyle

After I get brewing again, I will be contributing the Forbidden Fruit yeast, and I also have cultured some Ringwood in a Best Bitter bottle to contribute.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Ian Grant

I can get clear growler bottles from work let me know

Thomas

3711 and 3787 are beibg added to the culture collectipn as we speak. im trying some new media types, and geowth temperatures

Richard

Charter Member

Kyle

We are running low on yeast slants, so if you have borrowed from the library, please return them soon so we can replenish the supply. Also, since the membership numbers and available yeast varieties have grown, we will soon be increasing our library capacity from 125 slants to 250. Happy brewing.
Charter Member

Dave Savoie

Need a sign out form so that we know where the vials are for future so we dont have to keep buying them
Charter Member

Kyle

Yes, a signout sheet, limits on number of slants borrowed at once, and other measures are being considered.
Charter Member

pliny

It would be nice to know what yeasts are in the library. I really dont think the first post of this thread is accurate. Thanks.

Thomas

sorry, my bad. I'll update tomorrow when i sober up.