• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Kijiji Ad

Started by chrismccull, May 29, 2012, 01:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blisster

Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

Roger

Quote from: Two Wheeler on June 08, 2014, 09:10:30 AM
Not sure if these old kegs have any use or not...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/fredericton/beer-kegs/600508705?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
So I just picked these up. They're Golden Gate kegs I'll either make them into a coffee table, stools or just maybe use them to do a cask ale. The only problem is the parts have been obsolete for a few decades. So if I want to use them for beer I'll need to find parts. I don't suppose any one has any Golden Gate fittings? Looks like I need 2 different couplers one for gas and one for beer and a bung for the side.
They're cool looking anyways! If I don't get parts for them they'll make cool furniture.

Two Wheeler

Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

pliny

Quote from: Two Wheeler on June 12, 2014, 08:02:23 AM
Here's a complete kegging kit, extra keg and basic beer making gear. A bit pricy I think.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?utm_medium=email&adId=601757776&siteLocale=en_CA&utm_source=alerts&utm_campaign=email_alerts&rtlipmsg=1

Assuming you can get kegs at $40-50 each, it's cheaper to buy from the store.

DandyMason

Quote from: pliny on June 12, 2014, 09:15:05 AM
Quote from: Two Wheeler on June 12, 2014, 08:02:23 AM
Here's a complete kegging kit, extra keg and basic beer making gear. A bit pricy I think.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?utm_medium=email&adId=601757776&siteLocale=en_CA&utm_source=alerts&utm_campaign=email_alerts&rtlipmsg=1

Assuming you can get kegs at $40-50 each, it's cheaper to buy from the store.

Agreed, you can get it cheaper from OBK and that's with a brand new keg.

DandyMason

Its too bad because someone will probably actually buy all this because they don't know better.

$100 for basically a carboy and a bucket... Come on...

Two Wheeler

Yeah he's charging basically NG retail price. I wonder what he'd actually take for it.
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Roger

If you want it offer him what you think its worth or at least what your comfortable paying. Worst case scenario he doesn't respond.

blisster

Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

blisster

This is a phenomenal deal if it's everything for $400  !?

http://maine.craigslist.org/for/4565138291.html

"I am downsizing my home brewery so am selling my 10 gallon capacity (15 gallon kettles) with three banjo burners, counter flow pale chiller, pid controlled HLT and M/LT, grain mill and yeast starter equipment.. "

Roger

Only problem might be getting it across the border. It kinda looks like a meth lab!  :o

jdueck

It could be a three stage Turkey fryer
Primary #1 - Empty
Primary #2 - Empty
Primary #3 - Empty
Primary #4 - Empty

Secondary #1- Wheat  (Tangerine and coriander)
Secondary #2 - Dry cider
Secondary #3 - Cream ale fermented with M27
Secondary #4 - Cream ale fermented with M07
Secondary #5 - Merlot

Two Wheeler

Looks like an electrically controlled propane set up? No way buddy is selling that for $400.

Also @Roger - that was the first thing I thought of, haha
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Two Wheeler

Here's a guy offering a commercial keg fridge, no price just best offer. I have a three tap keezer set up but feel like I could use this some way, some how if the price was right.

*Edit*
Nope.. price isn't right for me. I offered $125 and he said "Not even close, paid $1,000" . Worth a shot, haha.

Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

blisster

Quote from: Two Wheeler on July 25, 2014, 04:52:25 PM
"Not even close, paid $1,000"

wow, did it come with a tractor?!