• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Anyone want some washed 1728 ale yeast?

Started by TomFogarty, March 12, 2012, 08:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFogarty

Hey guys,

I just finished washing and bottling a few jars of Wyeast's 1728 yeast and have a deal to make with anyone that wants it for a batch. Pretty soon I'll be looking to make a few batches of beer to fill up some whiskey barrels and I intend to use this yeast. I propose to whomever may wish to use mine that they wash their dregs and return a couple of extra jars of it.
I'll need several starters worth so I figured I'd start collecting early.

Any takers?
 :cheers:

TomFogarty

This'll be when I move back home in a month, after school's done. I'll either make some room in the garage or brew it all at my cottage. I'll figure something out...

Richard

fwiw Dean this is the Edinburgh yeast... synchronicity ftw ;)
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

brew

Quote from: "TomFogarty"Hey guys,

I just finished washing and bottling a few jars of Wyeast's 1728 yeast and have a deal to make with anyone that wants it for a batch. Pretty soon I'll be looking to make a few batches of beer to fill up some whiskey barrels and I intend to use this yeast. I propose to whomever may wish to use mine that they wash their dregs and return a couple of extra jars of it.
I'll need several starters worth so I figured I'd start collecting early.

Any takers?
 :cheers:

Dude - I just washed some 1729 - Scottish Ale - wanna trade?
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

TomFogarty

I'm afraid I haven't got much to trade, what would you be looking for?

brew

Well I have 3 jars, you could have one or two if you promise me a growler of the cask ale :cheers:
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

TomFogarty

Sounds like a deal to me! You have yet to try the first one, eh? You'll have to swing by sometime, I have a couple of other batches that will be ready soon as well.

brew

NBCBA Treasurer

Richard

Ehh... 1729 doesn't exist and 1728 is the Scottish ale... I think you're trading the same stuff here :P
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

brew

NBCBA Treasurer