• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

2012 Rhizomes exchange

Started by Brian_S, March 11, 2012, 06:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian_S

Hey all, I'm curious as to which (if any) rhizomes people bought this year?  I've picked up Centannial, US Golding and Mt Hood.

We'll see how they do.

On this same note who is pruning plants this spring (and giving away rhizomes)?  I'll have Cascade, Nugget and Willamett to give away.

B
<No context>Dark and Dirty</No Context>

brew

Oh cool! Can I get a Nugget rhizome from you?
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Kyle

I'd like some nugget. nothing this year, but I expect next year I will have the following to share: cascade, willamette, centennial, chinook
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Brian_S

Sweet, I'll most likely do what i did last year and bring all my rhizomes to a meeting and poeple can take what they want.  I'll keep everyone posted.

B

sdixon

Excellent, I plan to plant some this year :-)
"Good people drink good beer"
Hunter S. Thompson

On Tap]

Thomas

I may steal a few rhizomes from people this year, i dont think my plants survived sitting on the deck in plastic pots over the winter.

DandyMason

I would love to get into planting some... Any good sources to learn how to do it?

Richard

I'll see how my Miramichi hop-garden is doing... I suspect I won't be cropping rhizomes this year though.
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Brian_S

Quote from: "DandyMason"I would love to get into planting some... Any good sources to learn how to do it?

Hi Dandy, try the link below and grab a copy of the hop growing manual.  Its got alot of good info.

http://www.crannogales.com/site/manual.php

B

DandyMason

Kyle

Charter Member

Thomas

I was going to order some rhizomes from hopsdirect, but they wont ship to Canada. You still got some rhizomes to give away Brian?

Kyle

yeah, there are import limitations on hops when you buy them as an individual. However, if you order through a Canadian broker, you can get ones which originated in the US. Crannog ales has a good selection:
http://www.crannogales.com/leftfieldsto ... logue.html
Charter Member

Ian Grant

Try richies.com or .ca.  They sell the plants.  I got mine from them. It's. richters.com/

HappyHax0r

Does anyone have any palisade rhizomes? :D
Primary: #1, 2, 3, 4 (Air, Air, Air, Air)
Kegs     #1, 2, 3, 4 (C02, C02, C02, C02)