• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Double IPAs

Started by Canuck, February 20, 2012, 08:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

Just wondering if anyone has a really good tried and true Double IPA recipe?  DIPAs are by far my favourite type of brew, and while I've brewed an absolutely delicious Simcoe DIPA, I would like to try another recipe.  Any good ones, please post em up.  :)

Richard

JQ's "A Good Day To Die" is great. Dean's recent "Rat Fink" is also very good... I personally tend to shoot more for double black IPA's, of which the first I made was definitely the best - "Black Like Your Heart v1".
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Dave Savoie

Quote from: "Canuck"Just wondering if anyone has a really good tried and true Double IPA recipe?  DIPAs are by far my favourite type of brew, and while I've brewed an absolutely delicious Simcoe DIPA, I would like to try another recipe.  Any good ones, please post em up.  :)

Anything with Simcoe Amarillo and cascade will blow your mind !!!
Charter Member

Canuck

Thanks gents.  Any links to the above mentioned recipes?  I did a quick perusal of this section but didn't find them....sorry.   :oops:

Richard

A Good Day To Die
Black; Black Like Your Heart

Dean's one was somewhat accidental; see this thread for the recipe: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1185 - but it was boiled down further than anticipated and dry-hopped.
Charter Member

Richard

Missed that.

Also bloody good.
Charter Member

Richard

need to see if the flavour is a product of the boil or the OG... would be nice to be able to brew more of it at once :)
Charter Member

Canuck

Awesome, thanks gents.   :banana: