• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Tom the Newbie

Started by Tom, November 04, 2014, 03:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Roger on November 05, 2014, 08:57:47 AM
He fills on site. He might even have a tank you could buy. You might want to give him a call before you order a brand new one from OBK.
Perfect! Thanks.

Two Wheeler

If Glenn doesn't have tanks on hand, I was just at Atlantic Fire (industrial park). They have a 5lb reconditioned tank for $98. Includes hydro test and fill. They had a 15lb as well and I think it was $135
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Tom

I had already called Glenn and he didn't have any tanks so I placed the order with OBK. $80 seemed ok and getting a few other odds and ends too.

Al-Loves-Wine

Well Glenn "may" fill that tank without a Hydro test. He did fill one for me that was expired, but one thats never been done might be different.

Tom

Hydro Test? I asked him on the phone if I ordered one that was brand new if he could fill it and he said no problem.

Kyle

A brand new tank, by  definition, should not need a third party hydro test
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Two Wheeler

Quote from: Kyle on November 05, 2014, 09:03:59 PM
A brand new tank, by  definition, should not need a third party hydro test

Yeah, mine came from OBK and Atlantic Fire has filled it 3 times now without Hydro testing
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Al-Loves-Wine

I had to pay praxair to hydro test my new obk tank before they would fill it. I knew there was a reason I stopped paying their ridiculous fill prices of almost 40 bucks.