• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Wow. No idea this club existed!

Started by rpwilso, August 29, 2013, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpwilso

I've been brewing from kits for the past 20 years or so, and have generally enjoyed it (except for the very first batch when it had too much alcohol, so I skipped adding sugar to the bottles, because I didn't want it to get stronger. D'oh!). I've experimented with flavouring my brews; my current batch is a Vanilla Blonde. We'll see how THAT turns out. Bottled on Tuesday.

I'm just about to try my first batch from scratch of something simple, I think, to kind of get the feel for it.

I'm expecting to be able to learn great things from the current membership!

Patrick

P.S. I didn't waste that first batch. Once I figured out what "priming sugar" was for, I over-primed by next batch and mixed them for a light carbonation. Well, those that actually survived until the next batch was ready. Really, flat beer only tastes bad for about the first 1/2 bottle...  :)

JohnQ

Welcome to the club, hope to see you at a meeting some day.

JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

DandyMason

Chris Craig

brew

NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Waterlogged

Fermenting: Air
On Tap: Hoppy Porter
Bottled:  Air

jamie_savoie

fakr

"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

Kyle

Some great people and broad knowledge in this club, we're here to help with any brewing questions you might have  :cheers:
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

jdueck

Primary #1 - Empty
Primary #2 - Empty
Primary #3 - Empty
Primary #4 - Empty

Secondary #1- Wheat  (Tangerine and coriander)
Secondary #2 - Dry cider
Secondary #3 - Cream ale fermented with M27
Secondary #4 - Cream ale fermented with M07
Secondary #5 - Merlot

blisster

Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

Roger

rpwilso