• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

I am a new/old member.....

Started by Al-Loves-Wine, June 12, 2013, 01:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al-Loves-Wine

Hey all! So I've been a member of the site for quite awhile, in fact I noticed that I am the 43rd registered member. But I am now one of the newest dues paid members. :D

I started with wine, concluded even though I love wine, beer is a lot more fun to make. Like most, I started with all wort and extract kits about 3ish years ago, now have my 4th all grain batch under my belt and 3 sanke kegs rotating with beer all the time.

Now with grain brewing I feel that I have so much more to learn, and it was time to get connected with a group of like minded folks that love beer too! I am from the Woodstock area, but intend to attend meetings as often as possible and participate in group buys, and hopefully keep making great beers!

Cheers,
Al

Chris Craig

Great to have you on board Al!  You'll undoubtedly find this association a lot of fun.

brew

Glad you joined Al! Curious what size sanke's do you use?
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Al-Loves-Wine

Thanks guys!

brew, my kegs are the 50L, been looking for the smaller 30L but they appear to be a bit more difficult to come across.

Chris Craig

Yeah, they're rare.  There was a post in the Classifieds forum pointing to a Kijiji ad, but the ad's been pulled.  You may want to consider converting to Corny-style kegs.  They're much more common.  Most of us use those.

What kind of system are you using if you're filling 50L kegs?!

Al-Loves-Wine

Most of my batches are just 5 Gal Chris, however I have stepped up since I've started doing all grain. Last Pilsner I did, I started with a 10Gal boil and ended up with around 8 post boil as I'm using an old Molson keg converted. I've been eying Cornys for awhile so I can have more than one beer on tap. But I scored the sankes for a song awhile back, before I was even thinking about kegging my beer. Some glad I did though.

Now that the other half is back working, I will have some extra cash to spend on improving my setup.

Kyle

Glad you're going to be coming on board as an active member. Great group here, knowledgeable, and friendly; good beer too.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Jake

You'll need to make it out to one of our upcoming meetings!
President of the NBCBA

Al-Loves-Wine

I most definitely will Jake! Planning for the first meeting of July.