• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

ANOTHER hops filtering thread

Started by Chris Craig, October 15, 2012, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fakr

the hop stopper looks pretty slick Jeff.
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

brew

Quote from: "jeffsmith"I broke down and spent the money on a Hop Stopper (all SS version). I've only used it for two brews, but it's worked very, very well. No issues at all with my 30-plate chiller.

I've often wondered about this - been on the edge of getting one a few times... whats the most amount of hops you've boiled with it?
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Chris Craig

I'm definitely interested in this too.

jeffsmith

Quote from: "brew"
Quote from: "jeffsmith"I broke down and spent the money on a Hop Stopper (all SS version). I've only used it for two brews, but it's worked very, very well. No issues at all with my 30-plate chiller.

I've often wondered about this - been on the edge of getting one a few times... whats the most amount of hops you've boiled with it?

My last batch only had an ounce of pellet hops, but it had 27oz of whole leaf hops.  :lol: (It was my harvest IIPA).

Though I did a 5 gallon pale ale the first time I used it that had 6oz of Cascade pellets and had no issues whatsoever. Nothing came through the screen that I noticed and I was watching the hose out of the kettle like a hawk since it was the first time I was using my plate chiller as well and was a wee bit paranoid about plugging it up.  :frazzled:

Chris Craig

Just did a 10 gallon batch of pale with about 4 oz of pellet hops.  I didn't use any filter, and had no problem with my CFC.  :)