• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

New here.

Started by JamesC, September 01, 2013, 07:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

So, the gf and I were in the liquor store, picked up a decent selection of a couple of craft beera, and the teller there asked if I brewed my own. I have recently started doing just that, and he gave me the address here. Awesome idea / resource / forum. Looking forward to being around. So far, I've done a couple of festa kits, a small batch of all grain summer wheat, and brewed up an extract old ale (going to age it with bourbon oak cubes for 6-12 months,) and will be brewing up a christmas beer shortly.

Chris Craig

Welcome aboard, and say "Hi!" to Kyle next time you see him :P

We have bi-weekly meetings on Saturday afternoons, so if you're interested in coming out and trying some awesome beer, let us know.  We'll hook you up with the details.

DandyMason

Waterlogged

Fermenting: Air
On Tap: Hoppy Porter
Bottled:  Air

jdueck

Primary #1 - Empty
Primary #2 - Empty
Primary #3 - Empty
Primary #4 - Empty

Secondary #1- Wheat  (Tangerine and coriander)
Secondary #2 - Dry cider
Secondary #3 - Cream ale fermented with M27
Secondary #4 - Cream ale fermented with M07
Secondary #5 - Merlot

JamesC

I would definitely be up for taking part in the meetings, but that'll have to wait till after xmas... I'm heading to ON for work.

brew

West for work - well we all need to make money for beer eh! Welcome to the forum...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

JamesC

Too true. It'll take some of the impatience away from the 6 month aging process of the old ale as well. Being gone for 3 months of it will help  :cheers: I'm hoping to be able to set up a kegging system upon my return as well. Currently running a very basic kit as I just started brewing a couple months ago.

Al-Loves-Wine

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you are well on your way.  :D

Kyle

Welcome. There is a wealth of knowledge and community here. Enjoy!
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

JamesC

Thanks for the direction / welcome. There does indeed appear to be some really good stuff here.

blisster

Welcome; You will def enjoy it here!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

Roger

fakr

"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

jamie_savoie