Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gahan Pumpkin Ale  (Read 5208 times)

Offline pliny

• NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 250
Gahan Pumpkin Ale
« on: October 04, 2013, 10:20:06 AM »
Appearance - Nice orange-rust color. Head retention was good. Clear beer. The beer looks alive.

Smell - The beer smells of nice subtle pumpkin. Nice aroma. A bit nutty but not strong.
Maybe a slight fruity smell but I should smell again to confirm. 

Taste - The initial taste is good. However, there is a bit of an aftertaste. Not sure if it's clove or what. There is a lingering bitterness in the end. I think this is common with pumpkin ales. 

Mouthfeel - The beer feels good on the palate. Good body. I don't think it's thin or watery. I think the beer was properly carbed. 

Overall - My overall impression of the beer: It's ok. A good pumpkin beer is difficult to make. It's funny because the thought of a pumpkin beer is exciting and many breweries and homebrewers make them at this time of the year. A Fall seasonal brew is fun.
I like the Gahan more than some other pumpkin ales that I've tasted in the past. It's really cool that they made a pumpkin ale. But I'm glad I only bought one bottle and I may taste it again but I won't be paying for it and I'll probably be sharing it because I can't see myself drinking 500ml  of it.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:41:29 AM by pliny »

Offline jamie_savoie

• Yeast Curator
  • NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 765
Re: Gahan Pumpkin Ale
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 08:38:08 AM »
I purchased some over the weekend.  After a dozen sips I had enough and couldn’t finish it.  Gave it to friends and none of them liked it either