Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)  (Read 13508 times)

Offline JohnE

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 24
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 12:32:33 AM »
I have one bottle of Cantillon Kriek (330ml) that I could bring to the next meeting if people want to try what an actual lambic is suppose to be like.

Offline brew

  • Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Forum Ninja
  • *****
  • Posts: 3149
  • Mild mannered suburbian
    • Google Plus
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 651
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 07:50:51 AM »
Really?! That would be very cool - I've heard quite a bit about lambics now and would be very interested to get an idea what they are like. That is, if you dont mind wasting a smash of it on a relative 'noob'!!
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Offline HappyHax0r

  • NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 08:45:57 AM »
Uh. HELL YES.
Primary: #1, 2, 3, 4 (Air, Air, Air, Air)
Kegs     #1, 2, 3, 4 (C02, C02, C02, C02)

Offline sdixon

  • NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 06:01:59 PM »
Raises hand... oh oh pick me :-)  :rock:
"Good people drink good beer"
Hunter S. Thompson


On Tap]

Offline Richard

  • Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
  • *****
  • Posts: 4618
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 06:27:13 PM »
+1

In the process of cleaning out a keg for a large batch of lambic using the Wyeast blend. Love the style.
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Offline Tony L

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 57
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 06:43:08 PM »
Quote from: "sdixon"

Anyway, all this to say, Lindemanns Framboise is a damn fine "fruit lambic" in my opinion. Bottom line is... did you like it and would you drink it again?

Here is to throwing styles to the wind, slaint.


Couldn't agree more. Yes, I would drink it again, but I would pick Morte Subit or Cantillon over Lindemanns if I had a choice, and as for styles, I would pick Gueuze over Framboise  :)

Offline sdixon

  • NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 09:26:36 AM »
Quote from: "Tony L"


Couldn't agree more. Yes, I would drink it again, but I would pick Morte Subit or Cantillon over Lindemanns if I had a choice, and as for styles, I would pick Gueuze over Framboise  :)


I'd love to try the Morte Subit and Cantillon.
"Good people drink good beer"
Hunter S. Thompson


On Tap]

Offline JohnE

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 24
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 02:04:48 PM »
I can see about getting a bottle of the Mort Subite Kriek and we can compare Cantillon vs Mort Subite. But I'll say right now Mort Subite is far far sweeter than Cantillon. So if people don't like dry sour beers they will not like Cantillon (even though it is the better beer ;)).

Offline HappyHax0r

  • NBCBA
  • Senior Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »
Quote from: "Tony L"
Quote from: "sdixon"

Anyway, all this to say, Lindemanns Framboise is a damn fine "fruit lambic" in my opinion. Bottom line is... did you like it and would you drink it again?

Here is to throwing styles to the wind, slaint.


Couldn't agree more. Yes, I would drink it again, but I would pick Morte Subit or Cantillon over Lindemanns if I had a choice, and as for styles, I would pick Gueuze over Framboise  :)


I've had Lindemanns Pomme and it's great. I've also had another apple lambic with Richard pointed out to me and it was also great.

I've had Morte Subite Kriek... it's "ok"... most people say Cantillon is much better.
Primary: #1, 2, 3, 4 (Air, Air, Air, Air)
Kegs     #1, 2, 3, 4 (C02, C02, C02, C02)

Offline Tony L

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 57
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 02:30:39 PM »
Quote from: "JohnE"
. But I'll say right now Mort Subite is far far sweeter than Cantillon. So if people don't like dry sour beers they will not like Cantillon (even though it is the better beer ;)).


Very true. I found the Cantillon Framboise to be a dry fruit taste. It was there, just not in your face the same as the others.
And yes it is true about Gueuze, you better like the funky flavour and smell of wet horse blanket. I was surprised that I did like it.

Offline JohnE

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 24
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Framboise Lambic (Lindemans)
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »
I find when I describe Gueuze to people they turn their nose up at it, but when they actually try it most people have enjoyed a Gueuze.