Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mash Occur Meeting - Oct 21st - Welcome to all!  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Two Wheeler

• Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • NBCBA VP
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 864
Mash Occur Meeting - Oct 21st - Welcome to all!
« on: October 11, 2017, 10:28:57 PM »
Hi Everyone,

We wanted to extend an invitation to all of our forum members to our Mash Occur meeting on October 21st. These meetings are typically announced in the paid member's section, but we wanted to make sure everyone was invited.

What's a Mash Occur? The name is derived from the first such event which happened on Saint Patrick's day (Play on the St Patricks day Massacre). Essentially we have two of these every year, in the spring and fall. We start at about 8am where up to 10 people will be bring their brewing equipment and will be brewing their own batches of beer. We always have a feast of a BBQ lunch and take care of any club business. Of course, there is always plenty of opportunity to share homebrew and commercial brew.

Our members typically bring their home brew and interesting commercial brews and share them amongst the group. If you want feedback, everyone is happy to provide some!

These meetings are a great way for newer members to meet the club, and also be exposed to a number of different brewing styles. We have batch spargers, fly spargers, No chill and BIAB to name a few. There are kits that cost hundreds, and kits that have cost thousands. I highly encourage everyone who is thinking about all grain brewing to come out and see it in action!

The meeting is going to happen on October 21st, between 8am and roughly 4pm. I'm not too keen on publishing my address on the open forum, but the location is around the Delta hotel in Fredericton. Send me a private message on here and I'll fill you in on the exact location.

Hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:34:26 PM by Two Wheeler »
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er