Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brewin' from Fred'ton  (Read 5042 times)

Offline blisster

• Executive
  • Senior Poster
  • Got Hops?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 484
Brewin' from Fred'ton
« on: June 09, 2013, 09:56:38 PM »
Hi All,

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have been brewing for approximately 3 years and have recently started with all grain brewing.

I am originally from Grand Falls and have been in the Fredericton area for about 5 years. My current setup is a 10Gal Igloo mash tun with false bottom, immersion chiller, 10 gal kettle, propane burner, carboys, and bottling... It's quite basic but it does the trick!

My next investments/projects will be a kegerator system and a conical fermenter.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert by any means but am looking forward to learning more from this forum and helping others at the same time.

Cheers,
Pierre
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 11:51:24 PM by blisster »
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

Offline Chris Craig

• Charter Member
  • Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google+
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 252
Re: Brewin' from Fred'ton
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 10:06:55 PM »
Welcome blisster!

It's great to have you aboard.  You'll find a wealth of knowledge here on this forum, and if you should decide to become a dues-paid member, you'll have access to great prices on grain, hops, and yeast in our group buys.  To give you an example, we get a bag of 2-row for about $38.

Also, we have bi-weekly meetings where we share our beer and discuss all things brewing.  Our next meeting is an all-nighter at brew's cottage.  Let us know if you're interested in attending.

Offline brew

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Forum Ninja
  • Mild mannered suburbian
    • Google Plus
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 652
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 08:00:57 AM »
Welcome man - glad to have you on the forum!
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Offline jamie_savoie

• Yeast Curator
  • NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 765
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »
Welcome aboard Pierre!  If you're in GF sometimes and want to have a brew and chat let me know, I'm also from GF  :rock:

Offline Jake

• President
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 182
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 10:34:11 AM »
Hey Pierre.

Welcome to the forum. Lots to learn from this crew. You'll need to make it up to a future meeting so we can put a face to the name. Welcome aboard!!
President of the NBCBA

Offline blisster

• Executive
  • Senior Poster
  • Got Hops?
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 11:18:42 AM »
Thanks All..  I'm glad to see this forum is so active!

Chris, I would def be interested in becoming a dues-paid member and take advantage of the bulk-buys! How would I go about doing this?

My wife and I just celebrated the arrival of our daughter a couple of weeks ago so going to the bi-weekly meeting might be a little though for the next while.  I will def stop by to introduce myself and meet everyone!

Jamie, I will be Grand Falls bound the June 22-23rd weekend. Send me a message if you need anything brought up from Fredericton... I would be happy to help and meet up.

Cheers,
Pierre
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

Offline Chris Craig

• Charter Member
  • Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google+
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 11:24:34 AM »
Welcome blisster!

It's great to have you aboard.  You'll find a wealth of knowledge here on this forum, and if you should decide to become a dues-paid member, you'll have access to great prices on grain, hops, and yeast in our group buys.  To give you an example, we get a bag of 2-row for about $38.

Also, we have bi-weekly meetings where we share our beer and discuss all things brewing.  Our next meeting is an all-nighter at brew's cottage.  Let us know if you're interested in attending.

Interestingly, sdixon has 2 of these for sale right now. Might be a little big though: http://nbcba.org/forum/index.php?topic=2596.0

Offline blisster

• Executive
  • Senior Poster
  • Got Hops?
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 11:56:33 AM »

Interestingly, sdixon has 2 of these for sale right now. Might be a little big though: http://nbcba.org/forum/index.php?topic=2596.0

Yeah, that's a little too big for my needs.. thanks though.

I'll focus on the kegging system first... Washing/sterilizing bottles is starting to be a pain.

Offline Kyle

• Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 280
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 11:59:47 AM »
Welcome!
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Offline Chris Craig

• Charter Member
  • Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google+
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 01:13:51 PM »
If you look in the Club Orders forum you'll see a post about coupon codes.  We get a 5% discount at Ontario Beer Kegs.  They're great guys to deal with.  Also, pretty much all of us keg at the moment, so there's a wealth of knowledge here.

Offline jamie_savoie

• Yeast Curator
  • NBCBA
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 765
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »

Jamie, I will be Grand Falls bound the June 22-23rd weekend. Send me a message if you need anything brought up from Fredericton... I would be happy to help and meet up.

Cheers,
Pierre
I might be at brew's (peter) cottage for the meeting but if things change and I'm staying in GF I'll let you know!

my girlfriend lives in freddy and I'm in freddy every 2 weekend.  thanks for the offer though :)