Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Easy way to setup Jacpac  (Read 7283 times)

Offline Jmac00

• Junior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Easy way to setup Jacpac
« on: July 25, 2011, 10:49:02 PM »
If you don't have any hose already setup, then might be easier to just cut the yellow hose that came with the jacpac and attach a quick disconnect.

If you already have a gas line already made up with a corny quick disconnect, it might be easier to make one of these...remove line from your reg...attach it to this and you're off.

or

Offline brew

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Forum Ninja
  • Mild mannered suburbian
    • Google Plus
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 652
Re: Easy way to setup Jacpac
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:37:26 AM »
This is too cool - I never heard of a Jacpac before, does the CO2 last long? I suppose its liquid so it would last much longer than an air tank?

Currently I have a Scuba tank (80 cu. ft. of Air) + compressor regulator fitted to a low pressure port in my scuba reg. I use it for air in my little workshop (or wherever). I also have a small pony bottle (13 cu. ft.) which work great for portability. I didn't know you could use CO2 though, and the quick disconnects for a CO2 setup looks like a cool idea to swap tanks as well... those disconnects are not expensive...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Offline Jmac00

• Junior Poster
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:57:36 AM »
Jacpac's are being discontinued through cdn tire and are on clearance right now for $20....these were initially over $100...they run off paintball tanks. So the time it would last would depend on how many kegs you're pushing through and the size of your tank. The jacpac comes with a 9oz tank. But these are more for dispensing.....not so much economical to force carb. But you could naturally carbed with sugar, and just use the jacpac to set the lid and dispense.

Great for travelling, as it cuts down the risk of knocking over your normal co2 tank(5,10,20lb) and busting your pricing regulator($50+).....For $20, you get the tank, regulator all in one.

Offline brew

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google Plus
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:01:25 AM »
Be right back - off to Cdn tire...  :banana:
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Offline Jmac00

• Junior Poster
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 10:11:14 AM »
lol...some places still show the price of 69.99 on the shelf...but it should ring up 19.83 or something when you get to the checkout.  :rock:

item # 58-8014-4 $19.83

i suggest calling the store with that item number to check on stock.

Offline Dean

• Junior Poster
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 10:36:42 AM »
hey Pete, a word of caution ...air compressors are rated at about 2-300 psi, and that's what those fittings are for. A hose clamp will be rated at much lower than 200 psi which is not an issue for our beer stuff. The second stage on your reg maintains slightly above 14.7 psi, and the first stage roughly 120-130 ....more than that hose clamp will take.

anyway ...my whole point ....that 80 cubic foot aluminum cylinder has 3000psi in it and when murphy's law kicks your ass you'll be relying on a chinese hose clamp to hold it all together.

Offline Richard

• Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »
Quote from: "brew"
Currently I have a Scuba tank (80 cu. ft. of Air) + compressor regulator fitted to a low pressure port in my scuba reg.

Am guessing you don't have a compressor for that? We (myself and paintball buddies) were thinking about getting a couple of tanks to fill our HPA tanks on the field. How much does it cost you for a fill to 3K PSI?
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Offline Dean

• Junior Poster
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »
do you have tanks already Richard? and do you have the fittings to connect to your bottles? What pressure is in those little bottles?

Offline Richard

• Charter Member
  • Forum Ninja
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 10:56:49 AM »
We got various kinds of PB bottle, but they're basically 3k-4.5k PSI, about 40-80 cubic inches.

Some of the guys have the hookups from scuba to PB tank; I was thinking of getting a couple of tanks myself to increase the efficacy of the system - a single scuba tank only does about 3 fills before you're getting 2k rather than 3. If you cascade the tanks say 1: main fill, 2: 25% fill, 3: top-up, you can get a good 2.5-3k for a shitload of fills.

I digress anyway. I'm mostly interested in how much the air costs to fill the main tank, and if anyone knows anyone with a 3000PSI compressor :D
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Offline Dean

• Junior Poster
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 11:03:33 AM »
yeah yeah I understand cascading and just wanted to know your bottles were at least 3000psi rated.

in answer to your last question ....yes!

Offline brew

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google Plus
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 11:28:23 AM »
Quote from: "Dean"
that 80 cubic foot aluminum cylinder has 3000psi in it and when murphy's law kicks your ass you'll be relying on a chinese hose clamp to hold it all together.

FYI Dean - no hose clamps - I have an adapter for my compressor reg - screws right into my scuba low pressure port - same as plugging into a real compressor...

[attachment=0:3pyb1kc7]Scuba-Air-Adapter.jpg[/attachment:3pyb1kc7]
NBCBA Treasurer

Offline brew

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google Plus
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 11:35:18 AM »
Quote from: "Richard"
We got various kinds of PB bottle, but they're basically 3k-4.5k PSI, about 40-80 cubic inches.

Some of the guys have the hookups from scuba to PB tank; I was thinking of getting a couple of tanks myself to increase the efficacy of the system - a single scuba tank only does about 3 fills before you're getting 2k rather than 3. If you cascade the tanks say 1: main fill, 2: 25% fill, 3: top-up, you can get a good 2.5-3k for a shitload of fills.

I digress anyway. I'm mostly interested in how much the air costs to fill the main tank, and if anyone knows anyone with a 3000PSI compressor :D

Hi Richard - yes Boucher on the North side does Scuba fills (and I know there are a few people who fill with him so they can refill paintball tanks) - He charges $7 or 8 a fill (can't remember which). He's at 127 Main St. 459-8357. He also is a locksmith and is not always there - you can drop off tanks / pick up again though... If you need a tank, he can set you up new, but there are also folks on the dive lists who periodically sell tanks. Also, Mack in St. Andrews (Navy Island Dive) has very good prices. Note also, UNB has a Scuba filling compressor (downstairs under the pool - Sir Max Aitken) - they have a club which you can become a member and then its like 5 or 6 bucks a fill. They usually meet on Thurs. evenings for pool time during the regular school year.
NBCBA Treasurer

Offline brew

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google Plus
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »
FYI folks, Canadian Tire on Smythe is now all sold out of these - I just bought the last two...

These are sooo cool!! Jmac nice find!
NBCBA Treasurer

Offline brew

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google Plus
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 11:49:20 AM »
Richard (or anyone who does this) - where do you get CO2 fills for your paintball tanks?
NBCBA Treasurer

Offline brew

• Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Forum Ninja
    • Google Plus
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »
Quote from: "Dean"
yeah yeah I understand cascading and just wanted to know your bottles were at least 3000psi rated.

FYI the 9oz tank on the jacpaq is rated for 1800 psi - not that I'll be putting air in it...
NBCBA Treasurer