Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hot Scotchy  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Drinkolot

• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hot Scotchy
« on: May 13, 2020, 10:20:20 AM »
Hmmmmm.

Having second thoughts about this forum. A search for Hot Schotchy "THE GREATEST BEVERAGE IN THE WORLD" according to Jeff Alworth and myself. And not a single hit....  :o

Personally the best I've ever had come from the mash runnings of a German Rauchbier we recently brewed. FLAVOR COUNTRY!!!!

Having learned my craft from Dave, long time drinking buddy and fellow airmen. We both consider it an essentiel part of the brewing process. Sometimes it even overshadows the end result. But don't tell the beer that.

Your thoughts?
“Everybody needs to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another beer.”

Offline shazapple

• NBCBA
  • Junior Poster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 417
Re: Hot Scotchy
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 08:53:16 AM »
https://www.beervanablog.com/beervana/2010/11/greatest-beverage-in-world-hot-scotchy.html

I'm going to have to give this a try. Any particular mash recommendations?
Lee

Offline Roger

• Vice President
  • Executive
  • Forum Hero
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1409
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 09:17:55 PM »
I've done that a few times and it's great. But I tend not to drink while brewing I always end up forgetting a step or messing something up. So I keep my refreshments for post pitch.

Offline Drinkolot

• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 05:14:03 PM »
https://www.beervanablog.com/beervana/2010/11/greatest-beverage-in-world-hot-scotchy.html

I'm going to have to give this a try. Any particular mash recommendations?

We've tried it with everything from bitters, NEIPA, brown ales, Black IPA and most recently a rauchbier. It's a pleasant surprise every time. I've used Wild Turkey, Jameson's, Dark Horse and Lot No.40, Jim Beam. There's no fix recipe, some stand out better then others. For example that rauchbier was with a bottle of Bushmills and man that came out just magically delicious.

As for not drinking while brewing. Well as with all machinery if it ain't lubricated chances are it won't work well. But to much Lub CAN be a bad thing....
“Everybody needs to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another beer.”