• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Brew King 5L Keg kinds cool

Started by Dave Savoie, November 28, 2011, 07:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

wow, I can't imagine being satisfied with that when corny kegs are so cheap.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Dave Savoie

true one could probably build one way cheaper Id love to have a 3 gallon corney
Charter Member

fakr

cost aside, those are cool.  I'd definitely buy a set if I had a bit of spare cash.  I'll keep that url handy.
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

JohnQ

Work on your cut and weld skills, 4 cornies cut down to 1.5 gallons each, use the 4 leftover 3.5 gallon sections and weld them into 4 other kegs that will now be 8.5 gallons!  They'd wouldn't be as pretty, but...they'd work as well, plus they could be used as spunding valve buffer tanks.
8 gallon batches spunded, then split into two cornies for serving, or 1 full size cornie and 2 travelling 1.5 gallon minis...
Wish I could cut and weld, but that's just not on the "things to learn" or the "tools to acquire" list yet.

JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

Jmac00

OBK just had a sale on their 3g's....for around $87 i think....brand new as well ;)

Edit: that sale was just for the black friday thing...just checked and they're only on sale for $99 now.