• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.
Main Menu

keezer

Started by DandyMason, November 06, 2011, 10:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Plug it in, wet your fingers and grab onto the wires to see if they're live, obviously
President of the NBCBA

Kyle

Hypothetically, because I am not an electrician: you could just repair the problem with solder or Mars connectors, covering liberally with electrician's tape, that way you will have a work light for the keezer... bonus
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

DandyMason

hahaha Sounds good... I will let you guys know what I find... and if necessary how the repairs go!

Dean

Quote from: "Kyle"... covering liberally with electrician's tape ...

^^^ALWAYS, without fail, the FIRST indication of an unsafe hack job!  LOL!^^^

Kyle

I find if they've used electrician's tape its ok, it gets really sketchy when there is other non-approved tapes used, someone asked me one time "duct tape is a good insulator, right"
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Dean

it was the "covering liberally" part that made me laugh. Anyway, if you want to do it properly just solder it and use heat-shrink tube

actually: if it's 120v that's not the way to do it either ..hahaha

Richard

Ooh. Can I play too?

Use a 120v terminal box :P
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Dean

no no no ...use a copious amount of electrical tape, the more the better and bonus points if you got it from the Dollar Store!  :lol:

brew

Actually, any ol black tape will do, but if you don't have none of that just paperclip it to something with scotch tape... Elmers can work as well... :frazzled: but of course I'm usually in a hurry so I just bend em out of the way...  :mrgreen:
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

DandyMason

hahaha Okay back to being serious.... I removed the liner and I DID in fact damage a wire.... Is there ANY way I can just take all these wires out, disconnect the power cord that goes to the lid, and never worry about this again? What do you guys suggest doing?

DandyMason

Keep in mind, I dont know anything about electrical...  hahaha

Jmac00

wire them to your taps....ensure you have metal handles......for convenience for yourself, place a switch in the middle, once you leave, flick switch and no one steals your beers.  :drink:

DandyMason

hahaha Well thats an option.....

Dean

what kind of damage? the power cord that you're talking about ...does it have a plug on it between the freezer and the lid?

DandyMason

I guess its not like I can just unplug it.... There is a power cord that runs from the bottom of the freezer to the lid. And I figure if I can safely disconnect that power cord from the lid... I dont need to worry about the damaged wires in the lid. But then again, I am so far from being an electrical engineer you wouldnt believe it... Repairing the wire seems like a lot of effort, there is one that is damaged and it is pretty mangled hahaha...

I have a couple buddies who are more into the electrical than me that I could have over, I really think it would be an easy fix ... I just want to do it right