• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.
Main Menu

keezer

Started by DandyMason, November 06, 2011, 10:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

ohh rightttt. yea is just have that inside the freezer; saves having to drill 6 more holes for gas lines.
President of the NBCBA

DandyMason

Yeah true. So you just screwed it onto the inside?

Jake

That's what I planned on doing, but I just have it hanging in there, not attached to anything
President of the NBCBA

Jmac00

If your freezer has a drain on it, i've seen some ppl remove the drain plug, and route the gas line up through that...to save drilling a hole in the side. But if not, could drill a hold in the back of the lid and route it through there.

DandyMason

Thats a good idea. I will check for a drain... Im thinking mine doesnt have on but im not sure. Otherwise I will drill through the lid... I am safe drilling through the lid aren't I? No lines in there is there?

Jmac00

yeah, should be safe as most chest freezer lids are removeable with a couple of bolts....so no lines....there may be some wires if your lid has a light on the inside..but that's it.

DandyMason

Sounds good, thats what I figured.

DandyMason

Okay there was a light installed in the lid... I really can't tell but I MAY have damaged some wires in the lid, Like I said I really cant tell though. I dont care about the light... there was no bulb anyway... Did I frig up the freezer for good?

Jmac00

yeah, its FAWKED.....send me your address and i'll come haul it away for you.  :D

lol...doubt anything is screwed....those wires just control the light as far as i know..but i could be wrong.  :party:

DandyMason

hahahaha Ill take my chances with it likely... as long as someone doesnt tell me its a fire waiting to happen or something.... I could care less about losing the light.

Richard

Er. I'd make sure you didn't actually short anything - any way to disassemble the lid and take a look?
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

DandyMason

Could be... Might be tough though. Could I just disconnect the power cord going into the lid? Would that do anything at all?

I really have no reason to believe I damaged any of the wires either... But I pretty sure I saw some wires when I was drilling through

Dean

you should be able to pull the plastic liner out and have a look

Kyle

Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

DandyMason

Okay Sounds good... I will do what I can... Might just take the wires out of the lid anyway. If the wires are actualyl damaged... What do I do?