• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Gas Line

Started by Jake, September 27, 2011, 01:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

So I'm looking to get some gas line 3/16ID would be ideal. Does anyone have 20ish feet that they could spare? If not, does anyone know of a place in town that would sell it? I went to electric motor service on bishop drive and davidson food equipment but no luck.
President of the NBCBA

fakr

Jake, I got some gas line from princess auto a while back.  it's braided and supposed to withstand a working pressure of 140PSI and bursting pressure of 700PSI.  I can pick up as much as you want and bring it to Richard's on Saturday if you want.

Only problem is this hose is 1/4ID but I can see if they have 3/16 at the store.

http://www.princessauto.com/all-seasons ... aided-hose
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

Jake

3/16 is supposed to be for beer line, it looks like 1/4 or even 5/16 is recommended for gas line, so 1/4 would be just fine by me. They're selling it pretty cheap so I'd get 40 feet if you can make it happen. Let me know. Cheers.
President of the NBCBA

brew

Hey fakr - would you mind picking me up 30 feet as well?
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

fakr

Sure guys, I can bring as much as you need.  I think its only $0.29 a foot but I'll verify and let you know before buying any.  I'll check tonight after work.

Jake

They may sell it in 100ft rolls. If that's the case, you may as well just pick up 100ft, for myself and Brew. Never hurts to have a little extra on hand, especially when it's that cheap. I'm sure somebody in the group will be looking for some in the coming months. If not, just stick with the 70 feet total I suppose.
President of the NBCBA

brew

Indeed yes - if they have the 100 ft rolls pick one up and we'll reimburse you... thanks fakr!
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

fakr

ok, sounds good guys.  if they have 100f rolls, I'll pick one up, otherwise, just 70f.

fakr

Ok they have about 3/4 of a 500f roll.  Did you guys want a 100f length or a 40f and 30f?

Jake

May as well go with 100ft if it's that cheap. Let me know what it comes to and I'll get ya the cash on Saturday. I'm sure there will be somebody else looking for some gas line sooner or later.
President of the NBCBA

fakr

brew

Awesome - thanks fakr...
NBCBA Treasurer