• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Grain Wanted

Started by Duncan, September 05, 2011, 08:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

I got some grains from Jake to brew a batch of Summer Citrus...god knows what the outcome will be, learning curve near vertical. Probably be able to pickle with it. Can anyone sell me some 2 row and wheat malt to let me do a second brew. Also , is 65F to cool for fermenting an ale? Thanks,

Hawoh

Speaking very generally, 65°F (18°C) is a fine temperature for ales.

To answer that question more specifically would depend on the yeast you are using, beer style, and desired characteristics you are looking for.

JohnQ

How much 2 row and wheat are you in search of?
JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

Duncan

Hi John, I would like to try Kyle's Raspberry Pale Ale, so I'm looking for:
7 lbs Canadian 2-row
1 lb Vienna Malt
.75 lb Weyerman CaraMunich

But if you wouldn't have these what I'm after is an IPA, cheers

JohnQ

Unfortunately my Vienna is at critical levels and I don't have any CaraMunich, but someone else might reply yet.
JQ
Charter Member
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout

Jake

I've got loads of Vienna if needed, 20+ pounds if I'm not mistaken. That's all I can supply. Anyone with Caramunich?
President of the NBCBA

JohnQ

I'll take as much of the Vienna as you want to give up Jake, and take it off the hops bill, or trade for something else, unfortunately no CaraMunich.

JQ
Charter Member

Visiting Taps:

brew

I have no Cara-Munich (and only 1/2 lbs Vienna) and my 2-row is very low now as well. There will be some Cara-Munich coming on the grain shipment though. Waiting to hear back on that... I'm sure you could borrow some then...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Duncan

Quote from: "JohnQ"Unfortunately my Vienna is at critical levels and I don't have any CaraMunich, but someone else might reply yet.
JQ
Hi John, does this mean that you have enough 2-row to sell 7.5 lbs?

Duncan

Quote from: "Jake Saunders"I've got loads of Vienna if needed, 20+ pounds if I'm not mistaken. That's all I can supply. Anyone with Caramunich?
hi Jake, can I buy a lb of your Vienna? Regards to GF and Rascal

Jake

Buy? Hardly worth charging for a pound of grain lol. I guess i could charge you the face value, approximately 95 cents. Let me know when you want it.
President of the NBCBA

Duncan

You're working right? So maybe Sat AM if that doesn't interfere with golf etc. Hey, who's the guy in your photo (now that we've established that it's not you; when I came to your house I thought I'd meet that guy at the door....I was going to ask you if your dad was home!)

Jake

Golf or cottage hoppin is a distinct possibility this weekend, but may be home Saturday. Just a random picture I found of a beer exploding ... thought it was funny. You have my number? call me over the weekend and maybe I can meet you in town.
President of the NBCBA

Duncan

I'll give you a shout Sat am and see what's possible. It's too bad these photos have to be so tiny pixel-wise, it'd be great to zoom it and see the detail. But,hey maybe it's "Christmas yet to come..." YIKES!

JohnQ

Quote from: "Duncan"Hi John, does this mean that you have enough 2-row to sell 7.5 lbs?

Sure, anything up to 20ish pounds if fine of 2-row...that is if Jake doesn't have enough 2-Row to supply you, let me know.
Charter Member

Visiting Taps: