• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.
Main Menu

Sanke Kegs

Started by Dave Savoie, August 09, 2011, 01:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Savoie

Best Metals just called me and they said they have a bunch of Sanke Kegs there

they will charge per weight for them @ $1.50 per Lbs
Is there andyone still interested in these if so could someone go take a look at what is there otherwise they are going to scrap them
Ask for Derick
Charter Member

Dean

that's more like it ...$45 per is a lot better than the $75 we were talking about at the meeting. Unfortunately I'm FLAT broke this week

Dave Savoie

Even if you could go buy and see if what they have is what we are looking for and if they have a huge amount of them maybe could talk to brew and bulk buy a bunch of them
Charter Member

Dean

I can't make it there today but tomorrow may be possible

Dave Savoie

Charter Member

Brian_S

I'd be up for 2 assuming thy are 60L and don't have cracks/holes.

B
<No context>Dark and Dirty</No Context>

Richard

I'd take one just for S&G if they're completely intact.
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

brew

I'm having a hard time getting out of my cave this week - work is crazy. If no one else can get there before Friday I'll try to stop in Friday afternoon...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

brew

One other things is that we are fronting over $400 on yeast for this grain order so cash on hand is low at the moment - that won't last long of course once the order arrives but for now we are pretty slim on fronting cash through the club - I wouldn't mind fronting myself though, if we were sure people were going to buy...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Brian_S

Like I said I'm ready to start a keggle project and cash in hand isn't an issue assuming they are 60L and have not cracks/holes.

B

Brian_S

I'm going to try and get out to Best Metals tomorrow over Lunch.  I'll report back.

B

Brian_S

Stopped by Best Metals today.  They do have a small mountain O kegs so I managed to grab 2 58.6L and 2 50L Sankes.  The rest appeared to be the Golden Gate style with the bung hole and top and bottom valves although I didn't go through the whole pile.  I got them for $1.50/pound.

B

Dave Savoie

what is your solution for the Bung hole ?
and is the bung hole in the side ?
Charter Member

Brian_S

These are Sanke (i guess) as opposed to the Golden Gate style which have the top valve, side bung and bottom valve.  This is a single stainless vessel with one valve on top.

I think I'm going to have the tops cut off and use them for a kettles and tuns.

Speaking of which does any know where I can get a good quality sanke to mush tun conversion kit (weld less of course)

B

Jmac00

hopdawgs has some listed..