• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Slow process, but almost there.

Started by Jmac00, August 03, 2011, 09:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmac00

Wasn't in a rush to get it done either...but with tracking down the right fittings, part, etc.. finally somewhat done of the gas setup.

old gas setup..

newer setup..

with three taps...and "drip tray"...have to make another drip tray as someone knocked that one off and destroyed it...

Not as nice and fancy as Thomas' , but it'll do for now.

cheers :cheers:

Richard

Where'd you get the tap heads from? :P

(looks bloody excellent btw)
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Jmac00

Quote from: "Richard"Where'd you get the tap heads from? :P

Been slowly collecting them over the past while...mainly kijiji though. The guiness one came attached to the stout faucet...score.. :party:

Kyle

Nice, are you using a nitro or beergas setup with the stout faucet?

Also, where did you buy that faucet, best deal I can find at the moment is about $100.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Jmac00

No, just using the CO2 for now. Found the faucet and handle on kijiji... i won't say how much i paid, but lets say i got a good deal.. :D  :drink:

Kyle

good for you, Kijiji has great deals from time to time. How well does it work with just the C02? I've been thinking about getting the full nitro setup, but if it's fine with standard gas setup, I'll do it alot sooner. Also thinking of trying a Perlick Creamer Faucet instead of the stout faucet, such as:

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_i ... s_id=12232

I have 3 Perlick 525's and they work beautifully.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

brew

Awesome setup - I'd love to take it for a test drive sometime!
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Jmac00

i'm still trying to get it dialed in...before the regs were put in, all i had was to hit the keg with gas here and there and pour....now its hooked up to a reg, i haven't tried it yet or got it setup, but hopefully soon.

Dave Savoie

Do you get condensation in the freezer ? I wanna build somethign like this but my last one when i useda freezer it got condensation once and awhile
Charter Member

Gil Breau

My Brew Blog!
http://drakemarshbrew.blogspot.com/

Current on Tap: Maple Ale, Blonde Lager. "Pils" Ale, Chocolate Sweet Stout, Hefe
Fermenting/Priming:
Projects:Strawberry-Rhubarb Hefe

Richard

Quote from: "Dave Savoie"Do you get condensation in the freezer ? I wanna build somethign like this but my last one when i useda freezer it got condensation once and awhile

Two Words: Baking Soda.
Charter Member

Dean

Quote from: "brew"Awesome setup - I'd love to take it for a test drive sometime!

I know where he lives ...hahaha

Richard

Charter Member

Jmac00

Quote from: "Richard"
Quote from: "Dave Savoie"Do you get condensation in the freezer ? I wanna build somethign like this but my last one when i useda freezer it got condensation once and awhile

Two Words: Baking Soda.

Yes there's condensation...more so in the summer. I'm currently trying some Silica crystals....not sure if its working or not. I picked up the stuff at the pet stores...couldn't find damp rid...but basically silica crystals or decadent(sp) should work.