• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Hey Guys

Started by DandyMason, July 21, 2011, 12:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DandyMason

Hey Guys, I'm brand new here... I'm Dan Mason

Not much experience in home brewing... Looking to learn as much as I can!

My dad has been home brewing for as long as I can remember, so picked up a few things from him but still a ways to go. I just bought my first house so Ill be designating the 4th bedroom in the basement as the "Brew Room". Hope to put on a first batch here in a few weeks... Still need to pick up some equipment.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and learning more!

Gil Breau

Poor guy, welcome to the crack addiction that is homebrewing :P
My Brew Blog!
http://drakemarshbrew.blogspot.com/

Current on Tap: Maple Ale, Blonde Lager. "Pils" Ale, Chocolate Sweet Stout, Hefe
Fermenting/Priming:
Projects:Strawberry-Rhubarb Hefe

Dave Savoie

Charter Member

JohnQ

Slap vein, Slap vein....what addiction???
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

JohnQ

Oh yeah...welcome too.
Plan to make it to a meeting soon, it's every other saturday with then next on in a couple of days.
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

Dave Savoie

Do you plan on doing an electric brewery ?
Charter Member

Kyle

Welcome to the club

Homebrewing, as you will soon discover can be done well fairly cheaply... or... you can add extra gadgets and bells and whistles as desired to pretty well any cost tier.

We do brewing tutorials at members' houses when people want that kind of thing. We can definately help you get started. What type of brewing did your dad do; kits / extract / etc? We also have people in the club doing wine and meads.

When you are designing your brewing room, make sure you take moisture, building codes, and electrical safety into consideration if you are going to be doing anything really heavy duty.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

DandyMason

I am definitely looking towards the cheaper version of home brewing haha.. My dad mostly brews kits but I am looking to try some all grain brewing... Not sure if I should start there, but that's what I'm interested in.

Yeah I won't be doing anything heavy duty with the brew room at all... more or less a place to drink home brew! hahah

Jmac00

Dean

fresh meat!!  I'm not the new guy anymore

welcome  :drink:  :drink:

Richard

Hey there... How'd you find the site?
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Jake

Dan Mason as in Matt's brother? I knew giving Matt a card would come in handy.
President of the NBCBA

brew

Glad to see new members! Hope you can make it to a meeting soon...  :cheers:
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now