• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

BrewHQ Brew Box Subscription

Started by feldmann, August 20, 2018, 11:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feldmann

I was browsing the brewnosers forum and I stumbled across this starting up today: https://brewhq.ca/products/brew-hq-brew-box

Looks like they deliver you a 5Gal recipe every 3 months for $45/year and shipping is free. Seems pretty good for $11/recipe.

I've never even heard of this of this shop before, but even for regular items the shipping rates seem great.

AtlanticRebel

BrewHQ is an offshoot of Noble Grape, they have decided to separate their Wine and Beer product lines.  I am not really sure if there will be much of a change at store-level.

Just to clarify, it is 44.95$ per box/quarter, 179.80$ per year.
-_-_-_-
Marc Mapplebeck
Currently planning: Thinking of a Citra SMASH
Currently fermenting: Oaked Gewürztraminer
Just bottled: Cinnamon Spice Cider
Running critically low: Citra Orange Cider, Red Citra Bomb

feldmann

Quote from: AtlanticRebel on August 20, 2018, 12:07:33 PM
BrewHQ is an offshoot of Noble Grape, they have decided to separate their Wine and Beer product lines.  I am not really sure if there will be much of a change at store-level.

Ah, okay, I had no idea. This looks to me like an effort to compete more in the online market with OBK and Everwood.

QuoteJust to clarify, it is 44.95$ per box/quarter, 179.80$ per year.

Haha, that makes a lot more sense. $44.95 for the entire year just seemed insane.

Two Wheeler

QuoteBrewHQ is an offshoot of Noble Grape, they have decided to separate their Wine and Beer product lines.  I am not really sure if there will be much of a change at store-level.

Noble Grape has done a pretty good job over the years of adapting to compete. The stock they carry now in store, and what's available online has increased massively since I started going there 5 years ago. My gripe with them was always that the staff was really inconsistent. Some of them were great, some of them were not. I haven't been into the store in quite a while though, so likely I'm not a great judge of the current state.
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

feldmann

Quote from: Two Wheeler on August 20, 2018, 01:55:44 PM
QuoteBrewHQ is an offshoot of Noble Grape, they have decided to separate their Wine and Beer product lines.  I am not really sure if there will be much of a change at store-level.

Noble Grape has done a pretty good job over the years of adapting to compete. The stock they carry now in store, and what's available online has increased massively since I started going there 5 years ago. My gripe with them was always that the staff was really inconsistent. Some of them were great, some of them were not. I haven't been into the store in quite a while though, so likely I'm not a great judge of the current state.

I will agree with you that they have evolved a lot, however, I also feel that the change has been very slow. I still feel like they're barely up to the standard of most of the other beer brewing shops.

ECH

I use Noble for grains and the odd dry yeast, mostly because they are the only game in town.

My only issue is that I am a serve yourself kind of guy, so when I walk in and just start measuring out grain, I often get the "what do you think you are doing" look.

I mean, as far as I know, it is self serve, if the workers want to measure it out for me, have at it, but I sometimes will go in with what I need for a recipe, and call an audible while there. Recipe calls for Crystal 30, and they have 20 and 40, or maybe instead of regular pale malt, I will go for whatever is being offered from Horton Ridge. Not sure if it makes much of a difference in the long run, but at least using Horton's stuff, it is like using local ingredients.