• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

frozen kegs

Started by mikegraham, February 22, 2016, 08:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikegraham

so i went to get a beer from my new keg fridge i set up and both kegs were frozen. may have to get an external temperature controller any recommendations on brand 

feldmann

If you're using a fridge it might be as simple as adjusting the dial inside, my kegerator is at the warmest setting and it still keeps my beer a little too cold.

When I was using a chest freezer before it died I made a pretty simple STC-1000 from ebay for $15. Theres about a million guides online that would do a better job explaining than me.

mikegraham

Quote from: feldmann on February 22, 2016, 08:26:29 PM
If you're using a fridge it might be as simple as adjusting the dial inside, my kegerator is at the warmest setting and it still keeps my beer a little too cold.

When I was using a chest freezer before it died I made a pretty simple STC-1000 from ebay for $15. Theres about a million guides online that would do a better job explaining than me.
ya just got the new fridge and i think i set it too cold the kegs are out and not damaged. went to canadian tire and got a fridge thermometer

Roger

Are the kegs frozen or just the lines?

mikegraham

mikegraham

1 was 1/4 full the other was 1/2 full

Roger

I've had my lines freeze on me before when they were too close to the cold air port on my fridge.
At least your kegs arnt damaged...

mikegraham

Think I figured out the thermostat in the fridge it's at 2 to 3 c now