• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

What's Brewing?

Started by Two Wheeler, August 28, 2015, 02:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feldmann

Does anyone have the instructions for those little labels people put on the grolsch lids?

Roger

If you go to the Avery web site they have free label making templates. You can get the Avery round labels at Staples then just print them out.

feldmann

Managed to finally get ahead on chores and took advantage of being stuck inside today. Brewed a Golding Hopped English Bitter from Mad Fermentationist, mostly because I had everything on hand.

Had to make something with S-04 because it was the only yeast I had that was ready to pitch. Going to use left over wort to build starters for all the yeast I have laying around.

Roger

So I thought I'd punish myself today and brew a Hefeweizen using a triple decoction mash.
I started at 7:30 this morning and it's now 3:45 and I just started my sparge. Still have a 90 minute boil to go. Better be worth it...
:shakes:

blisster

I brewed a 22 gallon batch 2 weeks ago, biggest batch yet.. Ended up filling 4 kegs last night.

Very happy not to be bottling  :cheers:
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

feldmann

Quote from: blisster on April 05, 2019, 04:52:35 PM
I brewed a 22 gallon batch 2 weeks ago, biggest batch yet.. Ended up filling 4 kegs last night.

Very happy not to be bottling  :cheers:

This is the biggest reason I want to start brewing bigger batches lol

jamie_savoie

Last weekend I did my 200th batch of beer and to celebrate I did an imperial maple brown porter. Today I'm transferring it to secondary along with a piece of toasted and charred sugar maple wood. In a week or two I'll add 2.5# of grade B syrup and in a few months when I'll bottle, I'll prime it with maple syrup

Roger

That sounds great @jamie_savoie but be careful with priming with maple syrup. Last time I used it I over primed the bottles and they were way over carbonated.
Sounds like a terrific beer though!

jamie_savoie

Quote from: Roger on April 07, 2019, 09:53:57 AM
That sounds great @jamie_savoie but be careful with priming with maple syrup. Last time I used it I over primed the bottles and they were way over carbonated.
Sounds like a terrific beer though!
Do you know how much you used?
I was thinking using this calculator
https://www.northernbrewer.com/pages/priming-sugar-calculator
For 6 gal @ 2.2 vol it would take me 140g of maple (or 0.44cup)

Roger

I used a calculator it was probably that one. But it's probably a good idea to take a gravity reading on the syrup first by watering it down a bit. That way you don't have the same issues I did.

Roger

I finally had some time today to brew something. It's been 2-3 months since I brewed anything so the pipeline is empty.
Since the weather is getting cooler I thought a nice red ale was in order.
I might add some spices to half of it and make it a pumpkin spice ale...  :cheers:

pliny

Quote from: Roger on October 03, 2019, 11:11:56 AM
I finally had some time today to brew something. It's been 2-3 months since I brewed anything so the pipeline is empty.
Since the weather is getting cooler I thought a nice red ale was in order.
I might add some spices to half of it and make it a pumpkin spice ale...  :cheers:

Cool. Yeah. It's getting colder. I recently brewed a Rye IPA.
I'll try to squeeze in a couple of brews in the next few weeks - just to make sure there's beer to keep warm.  :cheers:

jamie_savoie

About 2 weeks ago I brewed a hoppy 4% pale (aka session ipa), it was for the hunting camp last week and the boys enjoyed having a couple of taps in the middle of nowhere. Next week I'm thinking brewing a brown or a stout or both

Scott

Not sure if this counts as brewing...I grabbed a carboy full of Revelation before it went to the fermenter and pitched Voss Kveik into it. Pitched at around 90f. which seemed a bit crazy. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out, this would be my first time using Kveik yeast

blisster

Last night I kegged 2 NEIPA, 1 black IPA, an Imperial Stout and a Raspberry Lambic..  It will be a great Thanksgiving  :cheers:
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.