• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

What's Brewing?

Started by Two Wheeler, August 28, 2015, 02:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie_savoie

Quote from: pliny on September 27, 2018, 11:02:38 AM
Wow, powerful. I have some RIS from like seven years ago.
I bet you save a couple of bottles every year.

I also have several bottles of Barley Wine. It was essentially a clone of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot. But everytime I open one now, it's not carbed.
I save a few bottles but I drink most of them throughout the year

feldmann

You think I'd of learned by now to use blow off tubes...

Should of figured this would happen using a whole packet on 3Gal :/

blisster

Quote from: feldmann on October 03, 2018, 11:53:41 AM
You think I'd of learned by now to use blow off tubes...

Should of figured this would happen using a whole packet on 3Gal :/

Wow.. Hopefully it didn't go all the way under the fridge/into the walls?

I've started putting the fermenters inside totes for this reason.. Even with a blow off tube (I've had it blow off before, what a mess)..
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

feldmann

Generally they're in my fermentation chamber (where they also explode) but I have a Marzen in there right now so these had to be left out. I have some spare totes laying around so that might be a good idea...

feldmann

Anyone be interested in splitting a batch of Bulwark Cider? Theres also a competition involved if you're into that kind of thing.

jamie_savoie

Tonight I'm brewing 15 gal of kettle sour. 5 gal will be with prunes from the backyard, 5 gal strawberries/kiwi and 5 gal black currant/black cherries

ECH

Since I have started putting fermcap in the boil, I haven't had anything come close to needing a blow off tube.

mikegraham

Quote from: jamie_savoie on October 04, 2018, 02:05:05 PM
Tonight I'm brewing 15 gal of kettle sour. 5 gal will be with prunes from the backyard, 5 gal strawberries/kiwi and 5 gal black currant/black cherries

This is something I need to do again

magee_b

Quote from: feldmann on September 16, 2018, 08:45:52 PM
I love coffee in beer but its something I've never done before. Let me know how it turns out!

Very tasty! I rushed it to keg for a variety of reasons, but it still turned out great.
Recipe calls for adding semi-crushed coffee beans to the mash, and then whole beans to the primary - I was skeptical, but wow, it's got plenty of coffee kick to it. Chocolate rye also really shines through. Might even dial the coffee back a tiny bit next time, but I'll wait and see how the flavour settles over the next while.

feldmann

I think I'm going to cold crash and throw them in primary, do a sort of cold brewed coffee of sorts.

Roger

I had great results last year with a coffee stout by just throwing a hand full of uncrushed beans (dry beanning) in the carboy for 2-3 days then 1 tsp. of vanilla in the keg. It was surprisingly good!

jamie_savoie

Mid week brew session tonight. Kicked my ipa keg last weekend so it's time to brew another. First time using malted oats and golden promise. Using good old faithful citra + galaxy at 25g/L  :drink:

pliny

Quote from: jamie_savoie on October 17, 2018, 01:28:29 PM
Mid week brew session tonight. Kicked my ipa keg last weekend so it's time to brew another. First time using malted oats and golden promise. Using good old faithful citra + galaxy at 25g/L  :drink:

Coming from you Jamie, I'll have to try that hop combo.

Brewing a hefeweizen type tonight. Coriander, bitter orange peel and plenty of wheat.

jamie_savoie

Big weekend in perspective. Tomorrow I'm brewing a rye-barleywine while smoking 3 rack of ribs and sunday I'll brew a peanut butter porter. Gotta brew while it's still nice outside. Not all of us have fancy indoor electric setup  :P

feldmann

Rye barleywine sounds really tasty