• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

What's Brewing?

Started by Two Wheeler, August 28, 2015, 02:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Wheeler

That's awesome, congrats Roger! See anything different down there versus what the NB guys are doing?
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

feldmann

Brewed a pale ale yesterday and sparged the left over grain a second time to feed some of my yeast. This one almost blew the lid off just taking it out of the fridge and letting it warm up.

mikegraham

Nelson smash hop additions at 30 20 10 and 5 min all 28g can't wait to try this    :drink:

robcoombs

Mmm Nelson

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

mikegraham

Quote from: robcoombs on March 14, 2018, 06:28:15 PM
Mmm Nelson

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
first brew with them

Tim

Brown ale with maple sap in the grain father tonight. Trying a sap beer was on the to-brew list for many years. Anybody else collecting sap for a brew this year?

Roger

I've collected about 10 gallons of maple sap so far. I'm thinking either an amber ale or maybe an Oud bruin...

jamie_savoie

Brewing a "German IPA" today. Pils, Kolsch yeast with lots of Mandarina Bavaria, Hallertau Blanc and Tradition

jamie_savoie

Quote from: Roger on March 22, 2018, 01:41:59 AM
I've collected about 10 gallons of maple sap so far. I'm thinking either an amber ale or maybe an Oud bruin...
If you do the Oud Bruin it would be fun a have a small batch with no maple to compare. I think I've read somewhere that birch has more complex sugar than maple, might be a better choice for the bugs

Roger

I used birch sap to brew a lambic last year. It's been in the carboy for almost a year now so I'll sample it soon to see what it's like before I transfer it onto some tart cherries. Once the weather warms up a bit and the maple starts to flow again I should have enough to brew a batch. Then I'll decide what to do with it. Probably an amber ale...

mikegraham

Going to brew a smoked rye pale ale.

robcoombs

Quote from: Roger on March 22, 2018, 03:41:43 PM
I used birch sap to brew a lambic last year. It's been in the carboy for almost a year now so I'll sample it soon to see what it's like before I transfer it onto some tart cherries. Once the weather warms up a bit and the maple starts to flow again I should have enough to brew a batch. Then I'll decide what to do with it. Probably an amber ale...

I'd love to hear more details of the lambic

jamie_savoie

Today I'm brewing a Brett-NEIPA with Omega All the Bretts and a Funky Saison with Omega C2C American Farmhouse  :rock:

feldmann

Quote from: jamie_savoie on April 02, 2018, 10:30:11 AM
Today I'm brewing a Brett-NEIPA with Omega All the Bretts and a Funky Saison with Omega C2C American Farmhouse  :rock:

That sounds awesome...

DanJ

Quote from: feldmann on April 02, 2018, 02:22:03 PM
Quote from: jamie_savoie on April 02, 2018, 10:30:11 AM

That sounds awesome...

Yeah, buddy!  Don't be afraid to share.