• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

What's Brewing?

Started by Two Wheeler, August 28, 2015, 02:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feldmann

I've used it twice, once it went from 1.052 -> 1.010 (@30C) and then another from 1.043 -> 1.004 (@35C). I think I might adjust for it to finish a little lower though as I'd rather have it around the lower side of 6% than 7%. I'm assuming the higher fermentation temp might have something to do with it finishing lower.

mikegraham

I need to brew something different. Anyone have suggestions I have Nelson, cascade, Chinook, citra,  Eldorado, falconers flight, Simcoe  and willamette hops grain I can get easily. I am drawing a blank lately for what to brew for something different.

robcoombs

Quote from: mikegraham on September 07, 2017, 09:43:05 PM
I need to brew something different. Anyone have suggestions I have Nelson, cascade, Chinook, citra,  Eldorado, falconers flight, Simcoe  and willamette hops grain I can get easily. I am drawing a blank lately for what to brew for something different.

Hoppy Saison, Nelson is perfect for that. 3711 is a great strain if you're unfamiliar with brewing the style.

Two Wheeler

I've been itching to brew, but it's been so cold that it's just not feasible for me in the unheated garage. I still haven't talked the wife into a brew room in the house, either!
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Powers30

Quote from: Two Wheeler on January 05, 2018, 11:58:26 AM
I've been itching to brew, but it's been so cold that it's just not feasible for me in the unheated garage. I still haven't talked the wife into a brew room in the house, either!
This weather makes me thankful I can brew in a nice warm room with my electric system.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Powers30

I'm brewing up an IPA to try and make it seem that I am in a tropical place vs this winter heck hole! :chug:

mikegraham

Quote from: Two Wheeler on January 05, 2018, 11:58:26 AM

If you have something you want brewed let me know my system sits idle a lot

Two Wheeler

Took advantage of the warm weather yesterday and brewed for the first time since October! Made 7 gal of a NEPA. 70% 2 row, 20% oats, 10% munich. All Azacca hops. I didn't have any boil hops, just 4 oz of whirlpool hops. I've never tried the whirlpool/steep method before. I didn't plan out a starter so I wasn't able to use LAIII. I had a pack of Mangrove Jack Liberty Bell Ale yeast (M36). We'll see how that turns out!

Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

robcoombs

Quote from: Two Wheeler on January 21, 2018, 12:26:12 PM
Took advantage of the warm weather yesterday and brewed for the first time since October! Made 7 gal of a NEPA. 70% 2 row, 20% oats, 10% munich. All Azacca hops. I didn't have any boil hops, just 4 oz of whirlpool hops. I've never tried the whirlpool/steep method before. I didn't plan out a starter so I wasn't able to use LAIII. I had a pack of Mangrove Jack Liberty Bell Ale yeast (M36). We'll see how that turns out!
That sounds tasty!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

HopHead

Quote from: Two Wheeler on January 21, 2018, 12:26:12 PM
Sweet 👍

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Richard

Roger

I brewed up nice a simple Amber Ale today. 70% 2 row, 11% carared, 9% amber, 5% crystal 40, 2% chocolate malt. 1 oz Columbus @ 60min and 1oz centennial @ 15min.
And I must say it was great to brew something so simple. I've only been brewing NEIPA's and overly complicated brews for so long I miss just brewing a simple beer. No hop stands or starters of liquid yeast just dry us-05 and let 'er hang...
I miss just brewing simple brews just for fun. I was done in less than 5 hours instead of close to 7 like normal. I hope it turns out good. I'm kinda getting tiered of all the extra steps involved with NEIPA's. It's a shame I love them so much....
:cheers:

feldmann

First brew day since I made my entry for the xmas exchange. Brewed a brett saison with a blend from escarpment. 15 minutes left in the mash and suddenly I realize I haven't taken any temperature readings. I guess thats what happens when you're trying to brew, cook dinner and change a baby's diaper 3 times in a row. Oh well, hit all my numbers.

Roger

This weekend I'm gonna brew 30 hectoliters at the Garrison in Halifax of a Wee Heavy. Should be interesting...
I hope it'll be available here in NB this early spring. If not I'll try to get enough for us all to try.

feldmann

Quote from: Roger on February 22, 2018, 08:37:26 PM
This weekend I'm gonna brew 30 hectoliters at the Garrison in Halifax of a Wee Heavy. Should be interesting...
I hope it'll be available here in NB this early spring. If not I'll try to get enough for us all to try.

If its anything like you're xmas exchange beer it'll be phenomenal! Up until then I don't think I've ever had one I liked before.

feldmann

You're twitter famous @Roger!