• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

What's Brewing?

Started by Two Wheeler, August 28, 2015, 02:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

If by bad planning you mean lack of space. You should put the co2 tank outside the keezer.

nagirroc

Quote from: Roger on September 11, 2016, 03:05:03 PM
If by bad planning you mean lack of space. You should put the co2 tank outside the keezer.

There is enough space but not a drop of beer to be seen. I find it hard to find the time to brew in the summer. There is a batch in the carboy but still a week from the keg.

Roger

Quote from: nagirroc on September 12, 2016, 09:25:11 AM
Quote from: Roger on September 11, 2016, 03:05:03 PM

There is enough space but not a drop of beer to be seen. I find it hard to find the time to brew in the summer. There is a batch in the carboy but still a week from the keg.
Ah! Now I understand. Everything else looks spot on in that case. Except for the lack of kegs that is...

feldmann

I bottled my limberlost clone about two weeks ago. I can't remember if I posted on here about it but I built up a culture from about 5 cans and pitched it into a small 1 gallon batch and let it rid out for about 3 months. The brett flavour is there but it only got down to 1.022 and is a little thin. I'm going to try it one more time with the pure culture, maybe build it up a bit more and ferment warmer and see if that helps.

The story about the original is here: https://www.sawdustcitybrewing.com/limberlost/

blisster

I've been falling behind on my "brew at least once a month" target and my pipeline has been hurting because of it so last night I brewed two 10 Gal batches:

• Harvest IPA (wet Cascade)
  • NEPA using London Ale III and lots of flaked corn & oats.

Up next will be a Flanders Red (I've been putting this one off for way too long) or possibly a Nelson Wheat black IPA.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

Alain2

Quote from: blisster on September 21, 2016, 01:24:20 PM

Up next will be a Flanders Red (I've been putting this one off for way too long) [...]

I just received my White labs Belgian sour mix 1  http://www.whitelabs.com/yeast/wlp655-belgian-sour-mix-1

I'll make a Flanders Red this weekend.

robcoombs

Quote from: Alain2 on September 22, 2016, 01:12:37 PM
Quote from: blisster on September 21, 2016, 01:24:20 PM

Up next will be a Flanders Red (I've been putting this one off for way too long) [...]

I just received my White labs Belgian sour mix 1  http://www.whitelabs.com/yeast/wlp655-belgian-sour-mix-1

I'll make a Flanders Red this weekend.
Nice! Love it there's finally more guys in the club brewing sours.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Jake

Sour beer hitting the TW taps likely tomorrow evening ... our first on the big system!
President of the NBCBA

mikegraham

Nice can't wait to try it

robcoombs

Quote from: Jake on September 22, 2016, 02:59:54 PM
Sour beer hitting the TW taps likely tomorrow evening ... our first on the big system!
;D awesome!

robcoombs

Brewed 8 gallons of New England IPAs today. Split batch, half fermented with LAIII, the other Funktown.

nagirroc

robcoombs

Bottled an Oud Bruin last night and brewing a kettle sour Saison with these guys today

feldmann

I went and picked up 6 lbs of cortland apples from everett orchard last weekend and today I brewed a recipe I saw in BYO called 'Sour Apple' that uses wyeast 3191 berliner weisse blend. I'm planning to age it 3-6 months.

nagirroc

Quote from: robcoombs on October 16, 2016, 10:07:51 AM
Bottled an Oud Bruin last night and brewing a kettle sour Saison with these guys today

What did you use for your sour starter?