• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

What's Brewing?

Started by Two Wheeler, August 28, 2015, 02:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie_savoie

Kegging my winter warmer this weekend and brewing a bold american stout on sunday.  Lots of dark stuff and lots of hops  :rock:

robcoombs

Took apart my grain mill, cleaned and greased the bearings. Rollers are still slipping unfortunately.

robcoombs

Also brewed a brett IPA with amalgamation. Kohatu and Vic Secret hops.

blisster

Tested the pressure canner, made a few cans of wort.  :cheers:
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

robcoombs

Bottled a berliner weisse I had aging on blackberries and brett for three months. Also prepped bottles for my first Flanders red I'll be packaging tomorrow.

jamie_savoie

Tasted some sours before bottling or blending.  Covered Bridge is the palate cleanser lol

robcoombs

Quote from: jamie_savoie on January 13, 2016, 08:32:29 AM
Tasted some sours before bottling or blending.  Covered Bridge is the palate cleanser lol

That is badass @jamie_savoie ! That's all the motivation I need to keep brewing sours, especially now that I'm bottling my first flanders. What are you using as a base for the dark sour? I was going to re brew a flanders again but that sounds interesting!

jamie_savoie

Quote from: robcoombs on January 13, 2016, 08:42:58 AM
That is badass @jamie_savoie ! That's all the motivation I need to keep brewing sours, especially now that I'm bottling my first flanders. What are you using as a base for the dark sour? I was going to re brew a flanders again but that sounds interesting!
It's a blend of oud bruin, belgian dark strong and dark saison aged for 6 months

robcoombs

Quote from: jamie_savoie on January 13, 2016, 10:01:45 AM
Quote from: robcoombs on January 13, 2016, 08:42:58 AM
It's a blend of oud bruin, belgian dark strong and dark saison aged for 6 months

Damn! That is ambitious, I have much to learn.

robcoombs

Brewing a coffee stout. Adding espresso beans to the mash as well as some cold steeped espresso at kegging.

Two Wheeler

I've been wanting to do a coffee stout for a while. Might pick your brain on the weekend
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

robcoombs

Quote from: Two Wheeler on January 26, 2016, 09:18:52 AM
I've been wanting to do a coffee stout for a while. Might pick your brain on the weekend
I'm no expert but of course, I always love to talk beer.

jamie_savoie

Quote from: robcoombs on January 26, 2016, 10:06:16 AM
if you want to add a coffee aroma I suggest "dry beaning".  From my experience, cold steeping at kegging is the way to go ;)

robcoombs

Quote from: jamie_savoie on January 26, 2016, 01:23:18 PM
Quote from: robcoombs on January 26, 2016, 10:06:16 AM
if you want to add a coffee aroma I suggest "dry beaning".  From my experience, cold steeping at kegging is the way to go ;)
Thanks! Will do.

Alain2

I'm fermenting in primary an all Citra hop stand IPA.

10 lbs 6-row
1 lbs crystal 15
1 lbs Munich

1 oz @ 60 min

5 oz Hop stand at 180F-170F for an hour

Wyeast American Ale

Will dry hop 3 oz in secondary

Hopefully it wont taste fresh mowed lawn!  :lol: