• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

How much do you brew?

Started by Hawoh, June 09, 2011, 02:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawoh

How many batches (and gallons) did you actually brew in 2010?

How many do anticipate you will actually brew in 2011?

As sparked from curiosity from Kyle's comment:
"The 50 IMPERIALg limit is quite generous, and it is at once. I doubt the annual production of most homebrewers is even that much in total per year."

Jmac00

do you work for the government?  :lol:  :lol:

jk  ;)

Shawn

20 batches (5 U.S. gallons each, roughly) in 2010.

It'll likely be somewhere around 22-24 in 2011.

Gil Breau

only started AG brewing in Feb, been going at 2 kegs a month strong.
My Brew Blog!
http://drakemarshbrew.blogspot.com/

Current on Tap: Maple Ale, Blonde Lager. "Pils" Ale, Chocolate Sweet Stout, Hefe
Fermenting/Priming:
Projects:Strawberry-Rhubarb Hefe

Richard

About every 2nd Sunday, on average. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Don't keep logs any more - So I'm guessing 26/yr.

Hawoh, you'd probably get a little more response if you indicated what you want this information for; it doesn't seem like an "I'm just interested" thing to me :P
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Kyle

I've been doing about 3 a month, although, some months are less.

When Dave and I met with the Executive Director of Public Safety for NB (to lobby for more homebrewer-friendly legislation like transportation and competitions), he clarified that the amount we brew a year is inconsequential as long as 50g AT ONCE is not exceeded.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

JohnQ

I've only come close to the 50 gallon rule at once last December when a confluence of events would have had me around 35 gallons in house...sadly I now have nothing on tap, but I think you MAY have known that already... :lol:
Last year I would guesstamate about 20 batches of roughly 5 gallons.
The plan this year is (starting VERY soon) to brew a batch a week, though that will likely be very front end loaded with 3 or 4 batches a week until I get 12 full kegs, then slow down and hopefully maintain 6 on tap with the new tap closet I'm planning with 6-12 in the production cycle at any given time. Given I drank Kyle's Koolaid on the 6 week rule it's gonna take some serious work to get the cycle established, but I hope it will be worth it in the end.

JW
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

Hawoh

18 batches in 2010

I'm currently 10 batches into 2011, I expect to hit 18-20

Brian_S

I've been doing 2 batches a month on avg. so 24 last year but I've got a wedding this year so I tend to think I'll exceed that as I've been brewing at least one batch a week since Feb.

I only keep 11 kegs on site just to be safe (and only brew if there is a empty keg)

B
<No context>Dark and Dirty</No Context>

Dave Savoie

I havnt brewed anything in 3 months :(
Charter Member

pliny

9 batches in 2011 so far. (5UK gals)

brew

Keep in mind I just started this year in late January, using kits only so far, including the Ginger beer I have kegged, I just put on my 12th batch tonight (Morgan's Blue Moutain)
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Jake

Holy cow I gotta catch up with the rest of ya. Judging by the weather lately,  my beer consumption is forecasted to increase drastically
President of the NBCBA