• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

#stormbeer

Started by paulmaybee, January 27, 2015, 11:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulmaybee

It's almost noon, so what's YOUR #stormbeer? 

I'll probably start with espresso stout.

:cheers:
on tap: IPA
fermenting: Roseway Red, Rye IPA, Tripel, Flanders Red, Sour #1
Cellar: Roseway Red, IPA, Brett IPA, Orval Clone, Brett Red, Rye IPA, Grapefruit PA

feldmann

I kegged a porter on Sunday and I drew a sample today. It not quite ready yet but its still pretty damn good, I think this is going to be a part of my normal rotation from now on.

I also brewed an APA on Sunday and yesterday the paint can heater in my fermentation chamber started dieing and the 4x4 on my truck took a shit. Whats that old saying about everything breaking all at once?

paulmaybee

Nice!  Maybe your APA will end up like @Two Wheeler 's Arthur's Amber- a great beer that can't be replicated.  This storm's called Juno, not the same ring to it.
Cellar: Roseway Red, IPA, Brett IPA, Orval Clone, Brett Red, Rye IPA, Grapefruit PA

Waterlogged

Will be trying a galaxy pale ale I started to carb last week.
Fermenting: Air
On Tap: Hoppy Porter
Bottled:  Air

robcoombs

I don't have anything new unfortunately. I just bottled a Houblon Chouffe clone but it won't be ready until the weekend.

Scott

One of the problems with working from home is you don't get a storm day..I'll have a beer later anyway. Its probably going to be an unnamed IPA that was dry hopped with Citra, that I'm really enjoying..so much so that it's pretty much gone. Maybe a coal porter clone after that.

paulmaybee

@robcoombs , yeah, but what is "ready" really?   ;D

@Scott , I feel ya.  Working at home means no snow days, but the good thing is that everyone else has a storm day, so expectations are usually lowered somewhat.  It helps if you're the boss too, I guess.  That also tends to mean lunchtime beers...  and not just on storm days....  and "lunch time" is also open to interpretation. 8)

jamie_savoie

trying to empty my winter warmer so that I can keg my english ipa  :rock:

robcoombs

Quote from: paulmaybee on January 27, 2015, 02:01:01 PM
@robcoombs , yeah, but what is "ready" really?   ;D

Oh I have no problem trying bottles before they're conditioned. But I only bottled it Sunday so I'll wait until the weekend.