• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Electric Brewery

Started by DeMerch, August 15, 2014, 08:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeMerch

Hey Guys,

A member of my HBC (Durham Homebrew Club in Ontario) is selling his electric brewery setup. I know a lot of you guys use electric and was looking for your thoughts on what he's offering/asking for. I don't mind spending the money, but I'm also in no rush to go electric so unless I was really getting a deal I suppose I might as well pass. Anyway thoughts?

QuoteHere is what is going up for sale. I am not going to part it out. It is going up on Kijiji on Sunday night when I come back from the cottage. Price is negotiable, but it will list at $1800 on Kijiji. I'm needing about $1500 for everything. PM me
Thanks
Electric Brew System
• 2 15.5 gallon SS kegs
Ball valves
PID ports and upgraded sensors
5500watt heating elements installed
3" dial thermometers
Bazooka screens
Bottom centre drains
1 sight gauge
1 SS perforated false bottom
• Electric Control Unit
Controls temp and pumps
• Grain mill
• 2 March pumps with shutoff valves, silicone hoses, and cam locks
• Counterflow wort chiller
• 50-60 feet heavy duty wiring for the ECU
• 2 carboys
• Pin lock corny.
• Lots of extra bits and pieces , pails, fittings, plugs etc
@DeMerch 2 - @Two Wheeler 1

Jake

Is it like the actual "electric brewery" control panel? There are others that exist like the high gravity brewing EBC which is technically an "electric brewery" but would sell for much less.
President of the NBCBA

Two Wheeler

Not an expert on these components, but looks like he's putting a lot of value on the time and effort he's put into building the rig.
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

DeMerch

DeMerch

There are the pics... and you know I need this like I need another hole in the head... I'm leaning strongly towards no

Roger

All said and done mine cost me around $2000. But that's bench, ventilation everything included.

Kyle

A control panel like that is not cheap, and requires a lot of time to build. Mine was a big learning curve, and pricy too. The only thing I think the seller needs to do is get a liability waiver signed for whoever buys that panel. Price sounds reasonable.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --