• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

I can see the value of a wort chiller now

Started by ECH, April 13, 2014, 05:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al-Loves-Wine

Awesome, let me know what I will owe ya, and I will pay you tomorrow. Thanks Chris!

Two Wheeler

Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Chris Craig

I keep running into trouble trying to check out.  One of you guys should try.  I didn't want the chiller, so don't worry about my part of the order.

Two Wheeler

Actually I'm out too. Mine is fine for now and I'd have to buy a pump. Thanks though
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Al-Loves-Wine

Well I guess I have an extra chiller for sale now, if anybody wants it.

Two Wheeler

Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Chris Craig

@Two Wheeler, I have an extra pump.  $50 with the ball valves and enclosure if you want it.

If not, then @Al-Loves-Wine, I'll take the chiller.

Two Wheeler

Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Chris Craig

I'll bring the pump with me tomorrow if you're going to be there.  It's going to need a good cleaning (Ask @Roger), but at least you can disassemble it. 

You'll need to get a couple of fittings for it (cam locks or hose barbs) and some silicone tubing.  We can talk about it tomorrow.

Chris Craig

I'm a dirty, dirty liar.  I have the pump, switch box, and 12v adapter, but no fittings.  They were just cheap brass ones anyway.

Two Wheeler

Ha ha. We'll figure it out tomorrow. I'm going to try and get up there as early as I can, likely be 1 or 2 though
Jordan Harris
BIAB'er

Al-Loves-Wine

Sweet! Pretty good buy for 64 bucks. I would have probably just used both and added short fittings and connected the two somehow...lol

ECH

Never fails, you buy something else and the other thing you were looking at comes on special.

I suppose in the end, I never saw the announcement for the special until about 2hrs later, so would have made no difference.

Anyway, got a SS wort chiller for $50 shipped to my PO box in Maine. Picking it up Monday.

Chris Craig

For what it's worth, I think this is better anyway.  Stainless...nice :cheers:

ECH

Yeah, just got to find myself a pump I can use from a cooler. Garden hose from the well is fine during the summer, but hard to run water when it is -20C in the winter.

Going to check and see what Princess Auto has next time I am in Moncton, circulate ice water from a cooler with it back into the cooler, at least I can then make beer in the garage over the winter.