• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Muskoka

Started by blisster, December 10, 2013, 11:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blisster

I treated myself to an early Christmas gift... Picked up two 750ml bottles of Muskoka at the Brookside Mall agency.

Muskoka Winter Beard Double Chocolate Cranberry Stout
Muskoka Legendary Muskoka Oddity

A bit on the pricy side at $12 each. Hoping they are worth it?
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

Roger

I was interested in those too. Didn't see them last time I was in though. I'll need to look harder next time.

Chris Craig

Hmmm.  I'll be over there this morning.  I'll have to look for them.

jamie_savoie

I had the cranberry stout last winter and it was very good!   Where's the Brookside Mall agency?  never heard of this, I'll have Jenna pick a couple of bottles

blisster

Quote from: jamie_savoie on December 11, 2013, 08:46:10 AM
I had the cranberry stout last winter and it was very good!   Where's the Brookside Mall agency?  never heard of this, I'll have Jenna pick a couple of bottles

The NB liquor store at the Brookside Mall, north side...

They must just have gotten them in yesterday, they weren't on the shelf yet.  I found them on the floor in shipping boxes by the craft beers (in the cold room). They only had 12 of each.

Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

Kyle

The oddity is phenomenal!!! I saw about 6 or seven cases at the York St store. (don't worry - I didn't buy it all  8))
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

Chris Craig

Quote from: Kyle on December 11, 2013, 11:40:44 AM
The oddity is phenomenal!!! I saw about 6 or seven cases at the York St store. (don't worry - I didn't buy it all  8))

So, what would it take for you to give us the heads up when new products hit the shelves?

Chris Craig

Got a bottle of each.  Should be great over the holidays.

Chris Craig

Kyle

Quote from: Chris Craig on December 11, 2013, 12:52:57 PM

So, what would it take for you to give us the heads up when new products hit the shelves?

That has been the plan all along... at this point my mind is just destroyed from thesis-editing.

However, on this subject some new ones at the store:
Innis & Gunn - Treacle Porter
Schneider Weiss - bottle conditioned wheat beer
Youngs - Sticky Toffee Pudding beer
Winchwood - Ginger Beard
Crabbies - Orange spiced ale
Guiness  - Black Lager
Mill Street - Vanilla Porter
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

brew

Some of those look pretty good - thanks for the tips Kyle...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Evil Jalapeno

Strange, only the Oddity shows up on the NBLC website; the Stout isn't there.
http://www.nbliquor.com/searchresults.html?bname=muskoka&x=29&y=8

Fhilo

Just acquired a bottle of each! :shakes:

Roger

I got them yesterday.  :rock:

pliny

Quote from: Kyle on December 11, 2013, 05:45:10 PM
Quote from: Chris Craig on December 11, 2013, 12:52:57 PM

That has been the plan all along... at this point my mind is just destroyed from thesis-editing.

However, on this subject some new ones at the store:
Innis & Gunn - Treacle Porter
Schneider Weiss - bottle conditioned wheat beer
Youngs - Sticky Toffee Pudding beer
Winchwood - Ginger Beard
Crabbies - Orange spiced ale
Guiness  - Black Lager
Mill Street - Vanilla Porter

Picked up the Wells Sticky Toffee, the Vanilla Porter and the Muskoka - I'll taste them tonight.
I probably wouldn't have gotten the Muskoka Oddity since I'm so cheap but Kyle put it in my hands and forced me to buy it.
I got the Shipyard Monkey Fist. I think I had that a long time ago but I forget what it's like.