• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Trip to Thirsty Dawg

Started by DandyMason, October 15, 2013, 08:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DandyMason

Made a quick trip to Houlton this past weekend and even though I was only staying for one night... made my first trip to thirsty dawg. Heres the purchases...

DandyMason

Most of it came back with some friends who were staying in the states longer, But I brought the four packs back myself and paid duty, apparently duty on beer is 82%

blisster

Good haul... Thirsthy Dawg is a great store, one of the best selections in Maine...

I spend way too much each time I go there.  :wavebeer:
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him how to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime.

DandyMason

Yeah for sure, we had a tough time finding Thirsty Dawg... I couldnt believe the location. But its WELL worth the trip down.

JohnQ

Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

DandyMason

Yeah crazy eh... Thats what she had said anyway. Ill have to check my receipt though because I almost think I paid more than that!

Either way, good rule of thumb... If you have to pay duty for beer, double it

JohnQ

Charter Member
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout

DandyMason

jdueck

The duty should be based on ABV, not by alcohol bottle size  :rock:
Primary #1 - Empty
Primary #2 - Empty
Primary #3 - Empty
Primary #4 - Empty

Secondary #1- Wheat  (Tangerine and coriander)
Secondary #2 - Dry cider
Secondary #3 - Cream ale fermented with M27
Secondary #4 - Cream ale fermented with M07
Secondary #5 - Merlot

JohnQ

Quote from: jdueck on October 16, 2013, 07:27:14 PM
The duty should be based on ABV, not by alcohol bottle size  :rock:

Technically, when dealing with only Excise that's correct, but Customs also collects a markup for NBLiquor and the HST on all product, so although they call it all duties, that's a bit of a misnomer.

JQ
Charter Member

Visiting Taps: