• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Wine on Tap?

Started by Jake, November 29, 2012, 10:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

I was on the micromatic website looking for sanke connector parts, and I saw that they have a section of their website dedicated to serving wine on tap. Up to now, this has never even really crossed my mind because I figured having on tap would carbonate.

http://www.micromatic.com/wine/towers-equipment-cid-10127.html

After some research and reading a Globe and Mail article http://m.theglobeandmail.com/life/food-and-wine/food-trends/wine-on-tap-pour-me-a-glass-bartender/article599012/?service=mobile, it seems as if it's becoming more popular and common in North America ... per the article it appears that alot of italien wine is served this way across the pond. I guess all it takes is nitrogen at low pressure and it'll do the trick with no perceived carbonation. I think my mother and my girlfriend would be extremely happy if I were to have a keg of red wine on tap at the house. Also, since the keg would be kept at room temp, it wouldn't take up space in the keezer, so could have a dedicated tap on my bar without taking up space in keezr.
President of the NBCBA

Jake

ANDDDDD nitro would be nice to have for my stouts eventually
President of the NBCBA

chrismccull

That would be cool, I have my version of JQ's PR on tap.

DandyMason

Again, keep me in the loop if you getting some nitro!

Yeah this is a pretty good idea... I know Dave has carbonated wine in a keg and served... But I guess I have never thought of serving it on tap flat.

Kyle

I intend to get around to this eventually. I've seen wine-on-tap at pubs in Ontario, apparently its pretty easy to install yet keep the wine still.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

sdixon

I kegged and carbed my last chokecherry wine. I took it to a new years eve party and it was a big hit.
"Good people drink good beer"
Hunter S. Thompson

On Tap]

Richard

Free booze at a NYE party a big hit... whodathunkit :P
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

sdixon

QuoteFree booze at a NYE party a big hit... whodathunkit

:shock:
"Good people drink good beer"
Hunter S. Thompson

On Tap]