• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Environmental Chamber build

Started by fakr, April 22, 2012, 09:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fakr

With my dad in town, I had the opportunity to finally built the env chamber I've always meant to build out in the garage so I don't have to carry full fermenters from the garage to my brew room inside.

Used a medium sized freezer, took the top off, and built the chamber on top of it.  Increased the inside square footage by buiding the chamber out from the freezer.

Lined the inside with 2" blue insulation, and plan to line the inside with bathtub type surround so it can be easily wiped out.

The bottom freezer tier holds 8 kegs, and the top tier holds 8 carboys.  The plan is to use it to store full kegs, and the top tier to ferment and clarify either ales or lagers (obviously not at the same time).

Very excited about not putting my back out carrying fermenters into the house anymore!
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

fakr

Some pics.

[attachment=2:18eswesj]photo1.JPG[/attachment:18eswesj]
[attachment=1:18eswesj]photo2.JPG[/attachment:18eswesj]
[attachment=0:18eswesj]photo3.JPG[/attachment:18eswesj]

fakr

one last pic:

[attachment=0:26cq5iey]photo4.JPG[/attachment:26cq5iey]

Richard

:lol:

Keep us posted on how it holds up... looks good :)
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Chris Craig

Excellent work!  A ferm chamber is SO worth the time/money/effort!

brew

This is very awesome - I gotta check this out next time I'm through Moncton...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

fakr

Thanks guys, i'll keep you posted on the rest of the build.  Still have to run electrical and line the inside but the big part is done!  Very excited!

Brew, i'd be insulted if you were in Moncton and didn't drop in for a visit.

I gotta have a bunch of you guys down some non meeting weekend for a garage hangout and brewing day.  Lots of room to sleep.

JohnQ

Maybe we need to arrange a Moncton Meeting...Hmmm...bus rental with DD, a good long hour each way, that could be bad...
JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

JohnQ

On the other hand, group rate at hotel, take our own cars...could be cheaper than a bus, oh...that could be bad, too!
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

fakr

Well, there's always the option of a bunch of you guys coming up Friday May 25th, we could have a good old time in the garage, Saturday is brew day, and saturday afternoonevening is the Beer Fest at the coliseum.  There are Day tickets left for sure, and I might be able to get my hands on some night tickets, but I'd need to know ASAP as I don't think there are many left.

If it's not that weekend, we could do another weekend, do a brew day, and go for a tour of the pump house brewery and the molsen brewery...