• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Quick Disconnect Cams - Cheap

Started by fakr, February 17, 2012, 11:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fakr

For those interested in using Cam Lock quick disconnects for your valves and hoses, here is a source at a very good price!

http://store.proflowdynamics.com/module ... el_C68.cfm
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

Kyle

good find! that is the best price I've seen to date.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

brew

OK - so you guys put type E on the ends of your hoses, and type F will screw into say a ball valve (out of stock currently)?

Which one did you put on your CFC?
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

JohnQ

Good Find Jr.
Those prices are like the clearance prices that austin home brew had on.
They seem to be going out of them, so this place could be a great place to pick up some.
Might have to stock them...hmmm.

Brew,

I use the males on all the vessels, and female on the lines, so the brew pot, MT and HLT all have F on them, as do both the in and out on the CFC, which I connected to a hot water heater type of adapter that I soldered to the CFC, check the CFC thread from a couple of days ago and I think the pic I posted is clear enough.
The lines have Type C on them.
That way whatever line I hook up to whatever vessel it always works.

JQ
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

Kyle

Charter Member

brew

Cool...

If the type F weren't out of stock I'd place an order...

John I notice the AHB site doesn't list type F and type C  - are they a special order?
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Kyle

type F has been sold out at various retailers over the last while. I have to wait quite a while to get mine.
Charter Member

fakr

Thanks Sr.

If you look here on the site:
http://store.proflowdynamics.com/module ... C12074.cfm

you'll see pretty much everything you need for weldless bulkheads, sight glass Ts, ball valves, etc.  The site even has gaskets...the only thing they don't have is the big 1/2" SS washers...
"If God had intended for us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."

brew

NBCBA Treasurer

JohnQ

This place has some great pricing, too...Plus a flat $5 shipping.
They also seem to have F in stock.
http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=51_54
Out of interest, Pinnacle also sell them, but it's more expensive.  I ordered some through them to support the local, we'll see how they do.
Charter Member
I'm on the 12 step program...
I'm on Step 1 - I've admitted I have a problem...and if you're reading this, so do you!

On Tap: 1. MT; 2. PartiGyle Barley Wine; 3. MT; 4. MT; 5. Obiwan Kanobe 6. Pollen Angels TM Base; 7. MT  8. MT
Visiting Taps:
Travelling: Vienna Pale @ RB's; NB55 @ Fakr's
Recent Visitors: CMC Graham Cracker Brown, Fakr's Warrior AGDTDiPA; Brew's SNPA; Brew's C^3, Fakr's Stout
In the BH's: 1. Empty 2. WW, STILL! 3. Empty
Aging: Lots and Lots of Mead for Samples

DandyMason

Can the Polypropylene cam locks be used??

DandyMason

Nevermind! Did some googling and apparently those arent food safe... Ill probably stick with the SS