• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Chokecherry wine

Started by sdixon, December 27, 2011, 10:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdixon

So I make chokecherry wine from the chokecherries I pick in the late summer (also make elderberry and blueberry and honey wine). Tonight I racked 5gal into a keg and put it in my kegerator to carbonate. Chokecherries are kinda bitter with a very nice taste (in my opinion). I think they really lend themselves to a sparkling wine... champagne has a similar bitterness/dryness. I'll try to save some for the next meeting at Thomas'. Very tastey... wife loves it :) Nice to brew something that my wife likes :-)
"Good people drink good beer"
Hunter S. Thompson

On Tap]

brew

Yeah - would like to try this...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Kyle

cool, I'm pretty sure the tree in my front yard is chokecherry as well, I'm interested to try the product before I make some next fall
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

HappyHax0r

I have a fairly large choke-cherry tree in my back yard (unless someone cut it down)... perhaps next year I might try making some wine with them if I like the wine... If not, I'd be happy to pick whatever fruit it produces and give it to someone who wants it.
Primary: #1, 2, 3, 4 (Air, Air, Air, Air)
Kegs     #1, 2, 3, 4 (C02, C02, C02, C02)