• Welcome to New Brunswick Craft Brewers Association.

Paypal

Started by Jake, October 18, 2011, 09:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Just spent an hour on phone with these bozos and for some reason my new credit card that I just added will not get verified with paypal, so when I try to pay for grain, our account is rejecting my card. Old card expired god dammit.

It may be because of my address change recently, or some unexplained reason. Changed address on both CC account and Paypal, but still no luck. She said it could be several days, and I don't want to delay the order.

The PP lady mentioned that we must have a setting on our account that it will only accept payment from verified accounts, she said this could be changed. Or she said I could give whoever has control of the account my CC# and you could manually imput it as the seller, which should work ... or I could pay cash and save the 4%. but may be a hastle to meet up this week due to schedule. Who runs the account? Any suggestions?
President of the NBCBA

DandyMason

Yeah Jake, for the longest time I couldnt get my credit card to work online... So I figured it was something to do with me moving also, so I put in my old address (my parents house) and it worked. Even though I told the bank about the move, and they claim my address was permanently changed...

Kyle

you just need to phone your credit card company and make sure they have the updated information, I went through the same thing a few months ago.
Charter Member

On Tap: DIPA, Vienna SMaSH, Imp Stout
Planned: IPA
Fermenting: --

sdixon

I've been annoyed by paypal enough to have sworn off them. Probably not their fault, but the business model has kinks that require too much hassle for occasional users. It will take me less time to drive the cash... Richard, shall I pay you?
"Good people drink good beer"
Hunter S. Thompson

On Tap]

Jmac00

EMT's are easy to do as well ;)

brew

Yeah I hear you - CC and Paypal can be a pain sometimes, but its one of the few options we have other than cash / cheque. Google checkout would be cool, but not available in Canada, and likely would operate the same as Paypal in CC info mismatch instances anyway...

If you want to do cash or cheque, that's no problem at all. Feel free to give it to Richard, Kyle or JohnQ but likely it will end up with me for deposit into our account. If you'd like to meet up somewhere, give me a PM and we'll arrange something convenient for everyone...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

brew

Just saw your reply as well Jmac - yeah EMT's are very cool, however we have a BMO Community Account, which is a "no fee" account - great for us as we are pretty small, but that type of account cannot accept EMT's either, which is a bummer...
NBCBA Treasurer
Planned: Drink beer later, Primary: Drink beer soon, Secondary: Drink beer shortly, Kegged: Drinking beer now

Jmac00

Quote from: "brew"Just saw your reply as well Jmac - yeah EMT's are very cool, however we have a BMO Community Account, which is a "no fee" account - great for us as we are pretty small, but that type of account cannot accept EMT's either, which is a bummer...

Ahhh, ok....understood, it can't be done to that account......could it be transferred to someone else though? maybe someone who's going to be paypalling their own payment in anyways?

Richard

I suspect there might be some tax implications or something annoying, but I can take EMT's to my account. I might call the bank and see if you can just email me the cash and I'll pass it on to the treasurer without the CRA getting all iffy.

edit: yeah dixon I did get a wee bit worried that might happen, but I would have expected it on the first iteration rather than more recent ones...
Charter Member

Kegged: air.
Primary: air.
Bulk Aging: Silence of the Lambics (Pitched 13/05/2012).
Owed: JQ LSA x 1, Kyle Stout x 1 & IPA x 1.

Jake

I'll just arrange a cheque or cash with Brew. Save myself a couple dollars in the process.
President of the NBCBA

brew

Actually, if you're going to EMT the cash to someone, I need to go to the bank once in a while anyway, to deposit petty cash, to pay the grain bill to our supplier, etc... if you EMT it to me, I can transfer it over along with my own personal payment to the club for grain... no paypal - no fee.

Keep in mind though, we like for payments to go through the club direct, and come from the club direct when dealing with larger amounts (hundreds / thousands of $$) - keeps things looking good... that's why we pay our supplier direct rather than re-imburse one of the execs for a CC payment. It also costs less for the supplier and they don't pay CC fees that way - and we are a better customer!
NBCBA Treasurer